Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:11 PM   #851
3rdpath
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to 3rdpath
not really surprising...

having been shopping for a barely used MBP over the past two weeks, i've noticed pretty much every unit has both MS office 2011 and CS6 preinstalled.

i'm not against a monthly fee but it should be priced fairly as if a purchased package was being depreciated over a normal time span of product usefulness. CS6 should be $675/36months=$18.75/mo. if priced correctly, a monthly fee would be like an interest free loan. and there should be an upgrade path allowance.

on the flip side, there's not anything that can't be cracked..this will not end their piracy woes.
3rdpath is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:35 PM   #852
thehustleman
macrumors 65816

I'd say what I thought of this but last time I said it i got a infraction so I won't say it.
thehustleman is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 05:17 AM   #853
IGregory
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdpath View Post
having been shopping for a barely used MBP over the past two weeks, i've noticed pretty much every unit has both MS office 2011 and CS6 preinstalled.

i'm not against a monthly fee but it should be priced fairly as if a purchased package was being depreciated over a normal time span of product usefulness. CS6 should be $675/36months=$18.75/mo. if priced correctly, a monthly fee would be like an interest free loan. and there should be an upgrade path allowance.

on the flip side, there's not anything that can't be cracked..this will not end their piracy woes.
I wish I could name my own price.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:58 AM   #854
cool11
macrumors 65816

Did they start to release the new versions of CC?
Photoshop is already out I think. But what about other programs like dreamweaver? No application 'suite' to be released all at once, like it happened in the past?
cool11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 03:03 AM   #855
dazed
macrumors 6502a

My Adobe Application Manager lists all the CC as ready to install including Dreamweaver.
dazed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:45 AM   #856
webexplorer
macrumors newbie

I am really done with the Adobe software. No more payment for every month. I will not give up to search for other software similar to Dreamweaver.

I was about to write a story, but I changed my mind not to write it.

It's really too bad that the Adobe banned its GoLive software.

Indeed, GoLive was a professional software. I believe that this software is still better than a Dreamweaver. In general & short, I would create a website using the GoLive that takes about 15 minutes of work instead of Dreamweaver's 30 or even 40 minutes of work because of too many hidden features that you have to find on Dreamweaver for your project. If you talk about CS that GoLive that does not come with it, why we still talk about it? Surely, GoLive would have added CS in it as long as it is not too complicated ...especially a very different way to use it than nowadays without too many step by step.

Adobe is a flagship company which is not good news to some of us. Sorry.
webexplorer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2014, 06:02 PM   #857
chuckcars
macrumors newbie

Adobe Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by webexplorer View Post
I am really done with the Adobe software. No more payment for every month. I will not give up to search for other software similar to Dreamweaver.

I was about to write a story, but I changed my mind not to write it.

It's really too bad that the Adobe banned its GoLive software.

Indeed, GoLive was a professional software. I believe that this software is still better than a Dreamweaver. In general & short, I would create a website using the GoLive that takes about 15 minutes of work instead of Dreamweaver's 30 or even 40 minutes of work because of too many hidden features that you have to find on Dreamweaver for your project. If you talk about CS that GoLive that does not come with it, why we still talk about it? Surely, GoLive would have added CS in it as long as it is not too complicated ...especially a very different way to use it than nowadays without too many step by step.

Adobe is a flagship company which is not good news to some of us. Sorry.
Adobe integrated Go Live into Dreamweaver when they bought it many many years ago. Nothing better.

Muse is a drag and drop app which is easy to learn and works well. It is for people who do not want to write their own code. Highly recommended.

Creative Cloud is here to stay. I consider it priced right when you consider the fact you have access to ALL of their products.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion