Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ElGrecus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
After 16 years (!) of use, I finally abandoned Eudora as my mail app since Mountain Lion no longer supports it. I used Eudora Mailbox Cleaner to do the import into Apple Mail.

I did notice one anomaly. I had multiple "Sent" folders in Eudora for each of two email accounts I have. In Apple Mail, all sent messages have the "To" field hidden in the message list. All messages list my name rather than those people who I sent the email to. If I move those messages to Mail's main "Sent" folder, everything works fine and the messages show the recipients name rather than mine. Is there a way to fix this?

Normally I take old messages and put them in a new folder, like, "Sent.2011" but that messes up messages as described above. Has anyone come up with a workaround for this? Thanks for any help you can offer.

ElGrecus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
So... no one has any experience with this after importing mail from some other program to Apple Mail? I can't be the only one with this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.