Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Feb 6, 2013, 01:38 AM   #26
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertMartens View Post
That is YOUR opinion.
Yup. Hence why I said as much in my post.

I won't fault anyone for liking them. They do have their charms, I guess. They're just...not my style.
Renzatic is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 04:17 AM   #27
jonnyback
macrumors member

What's not to love... That top one has a DOUBLE floppy disk drive! Awesome!

I wonder if we we look back at the Mac Pro design and laugh at its double DVD drive (if we aren't already...)
jonnyback is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 08:35 AM   #28
Arcady
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Arcady
Can I charge $10 admission to my garage? I have most of those computers in there, except the Xerox.

I have two Apple II's with dual floppy drives. Big deal.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:26 AM   #29
PracticalMac
macrumors 68020

I have some early Apple stuff myself, who is making such AWESOME museum in Texas?
PracticalMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 01:15 PM   #30
ctdonath
macrumors 65816

Just a few miles from my workplace! Yay! I'm so there...and my wife will be so bored...
ctdonath is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 02:46 PM   #31
wilsonlaidlaw
macrumors 6502

What no original "Mac" room

I feel the the original Macintosh is where the story really started. I am surprised they did not put a Mac room between the Apple pre/I/II rooms and the turmoil room.

Wilson
Old Feb 6, 2013, 08:56 PM   #32
highdough
macrumors regular

So, I suppose I'll have to turn my pop-up blocker off if I want to visit this museum? No thanks.
highdough is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:20 AM   #33
Nunyabinez
macrumors 6502a

I remember my Apple II being more beige than that picture. I don't know if they lightened up on the way to the Mac + or if those pictures just show the signs of age, because they look more "carmel" to me than beige.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:03 PM   #34
Macrolido
macrumors regular

The luxo iMac looked better in 2002.
Macrolido is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 02:32 PM   #35
AngerDanger
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabinez View Post
I remember my Apple II being more beige than that picture. I don't know if they lightened up on the way to the Mac + or if those pictures just show the signs of age, because they look more "carmel" to me than beige.
I think that carmel color is caused by the lighting; auto-adjusting the levels in Photoshop seems to bring it back to its expected color, which is probably how it would've looked under normal lighting. (I only care because I noticed the same thing while making that stupid pop-up picture)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lighting.png
Views:	18
Size:	457.4 KB
ID:	395226  
AngerDanger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 09:51 PM   #36
JackieMB
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
I don't need to go to the museum because I actually used most of that equipment from Apple // on. Including Lisa. If you have never seen a floppy drive before (SD cards and USB sticks fulfill that role now), it would be worth it just to see that. Apple used 5.x" floppies and the Xerox 820 and many computers of that pre-PC era used 8" floppies. As did I.
These bring back memories... my first computer was the macintosh, I converted into an aquarium a few years back, so it's still useful today. Not sure if it is worth more as an aquarium or not.
JackieMB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 08:53 PM   #37
tevion5
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
Then they got dumb with the candy shelled iMacs and iBooks (shown above in all their cheesy glory). That was Apple at their worst in my opinion. Things didn't improve until they started getting into their minimalism kick with the flat white G5 and Powerbooks.
The clam shell laptops were cheap looking IMO but the coloured iMacs? I think they look excellent. You realise these things were around in 1999 with OS9? I mean everybody had ugly grey Windows 95/98 desktops at that time. These things were a triumphant victory after 10 years of boring grey Wintel boxes.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdonath View Post
Just a few miles from my workplace! Yay! I'm so there...and my wife will be so bored...
Ahh, truly amazing how some people are incapable of loving this stuff
Old Feb 9, 2013, 01:42 AM   #38
aapl-danial
macrumors newbie

Awesome! I'd visit that
aapl-danial is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2013, 10:57 PM   #39
LimeiBook86
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to LimeiBook86 Send a message via MSN to LimeiBook86 Send a message via Yahoo to LimeiBook86
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme View Post
Judging by your user name, you have a collector's item of your own!

(Me too: I keep a sunflower iMac for playing Descent 3. I even have the subwoofer.)
I think we used to play UT 2004 back in the day (if I'm not mixing people up) . And yes, I have two Lime iBook machines, one is a 446MHz model with FireWire & a DVD drive. Some other fun models are my twin Color Classics and my G4 Cubes
LimeiBook86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:48 PM   #40
LimeiBook86
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to LimeiBook86 Send a message via MSN to LimeiBook86 Send a message via Yahoo to LimeiBook86
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme View Post
Judging by your user name, you have a collector's item of your own!

(Me too: I keep a sunflower iMac for playing Descent 3. I even have the subwoofer.)
Nice!! Yes I have a 366MHz and 466MHz SE models (FireWire and DVD-ROM), both aren't perfect, but fun to have.
LimeiBook86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion