Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 15, 2013, 09:37 AM   #1
bertie343
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Automating DVD & Blu-Ray (Backup, Encoding & Tagging) for Windows?

I read the stickied topic about going through this process on a Mac. However, I have a Windows machine that I would like to do a similar process on. Does anyone have any information about how this can be done?
bertie343 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 01:48 AM   #2
spacepower7
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie343 View Post
I read the stickied topic about going through this process on a Mac. However, I have a Windows machine that I would like to do a similar process on. Does anyone have any information about how this can be done?
I'm sorry I can't tell you. 475 people look at your question and not one replied.

We have both Mac users and PC users in the AppleTV section, but most aren't familiar with windows automation tools. Hopefully one of our resourceful readers can help. It might take a few days, but we are all here to help
spacepower7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 01:56 AM   #3
Dalton63841
macrumors 65816
 
Dalton63841's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SEMO, USA
Give me an idea of what kind of workflow(start to finish) you want to accomplish and I will see if I can draw up a basic batch script to handle it.
__________________
mid-2009 13" Macbook Pro, 2.26Ghz, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD
Dalton63841 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 06:39 AM   #4
bertie343
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton63841 View Post
Give me an idea of what kind of workflow(start to finish) you want to accomplish and I will see if I can draw up a basic batch script to handle it.
Dalton, I'm currently using Handbrake with the AppleTV 3 preset. I would like to insert the disc, encode ALL of the titles using Handbrake, then allow for some application to auto-tag the files (ie: I plan to rip many TV series I have on DVD to iTunes, so I'd like the data to auto populate instead of me having to fill it all in by hand so it looks nice on the AppleTV. I'll also be ripping home videos, so there will be no matching tag for that, so I would like to manually enter in the information at some point).

Nothing too fancy, but when I have ~70 DVDs of home movies that take Handbrake about 1h45min for a 1hour long disc and 5 hours for a 4hr30min disc, plus all of the other DVDs I want to rip, this can and will quickly become a long, drawn out process.

Hope this was what you were looking for!
bertie343 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 08:26 AM   #5
Dalton63841
macrumors 65816
 
Dalton63841's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SEMO, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie343 View Post
Dalton, I'm currently using Handbrake with the AppleTV 3 preset. I would like to insert the disc, encode ALL of the titles using Handbrake, then allow for some application to auto-tag the files (ie: I plan to rip many TV series I have on DVD to iTunes, so I'd like the data to auto populate instead of me having to fill it all in by hand so it looks nice on the AppleTV. I'll also be ripping home videos, so there will be no matching tag for that, so I would like to manually enter in the information at some point).

Nothing too fancy, but when I have ~70 DVDs of home movies that take Handbrake about 1h45min for a 1hour long disc and 5 hours for a 4hr30min disc, plus all of the other DVDs I want to rip, this can and will quickly become a long, drawn out process.

Hope this was what you were looking for!
At the moment I am pretty busy, but now that I'm thinking about it, you should check out THIS SITE. Should cover everything you need for the most part.
__________________
mid-2009 13" Macbook Pro, 2.26Ghz, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD
Dalton63841 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LG Blu-ray Burner Toast & Disk Utility Freezing ggoerl Mac Basics and Help 5 Sep 23, 2013 07:05 PM
Keeping DTSHD and TrueHD Blu Ray Encoding (Windows) velocityg4 Digital Video 4 Aug 25, 2013 11:25 PM
Dredd Blu Ray & Subler Problem (MP4Tools also) nickosbad Apple TV and Home Theater 0 Jan 16, 2013 08:14 AM
Time Capsule & External Blu Ray Drive? jmine83 Mac Peripherals 0 Dec 8, 2012 01:45 PM
Handbrake encoding Blu-Ray iOrbit Apple TV and Home Theater 7 Sep 17, 2012 06:23 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC