Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:53 PM   #26
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianbj View Post
Still happening in Lion and it's 2012 - 5 years after this was first reported - Macs just work - yeah, right!
Great first post! First, it's an issue with the Mail app, not the OS. And yes, Macs are the first computers anywhere to have software on them that has a flaw!
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2012, 05:05 PM   #27
TCBJR23
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
Great first post! First, it's an issue with the Mail app, not the OS. And yes, Macs are the first computers anywhere to have software on them that has a flaw!
It's certainly not the first computer to have bugs but it's certainly the most expensive. I stumbled on this post after having this problem on my new macbook pro that my employer paid $2,200 for. It's not about the bug, it's about the bug not being corrected. If I wanted an experience like this I would have kept working with Windows 7 on my $400 HP DV6000.
TCBJR23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2012, 05:15 PM   #28
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCBJR23 View Post
It's certainly not the first computer to have bugs but it's certainly the most expensive.
It's not even close to the most expensive computer to have bugs. Not even if you moved the decimal point over a couple times. And as already stated, it's not a bug with the Mac or Mac OS X. It's the Mail app. Apple has never claimed that all the apps you run on a Mac will be error-free.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2012, 08:10 PM   #29
Beugnen
macrumors newbie

i can reproduce this bug in the mail app - March 2012!

maybe they should stop working on features such as universal inboxs and full screen and instead work on fixing this instead of basically having an app with 2 Trash folders
Beugnen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 08:49 AM   #30
shaunymac
macrumors 6502

I tried fighting this bug for a while, years? The simple answer, download postbox and remove mail from your dock. Done.

Postbox is a little bit different but it isnt annoying! Oh, it has tabs like safari which I love! So, all is not lost.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:37 AM   #31
jayess
macrumors newbie

Here we are in 2014 and I still have this same problem using 10.9.5. The option of "Save drafts on server" is not available so is there any other solution after all this time?
jayess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2014, 06:03 AM   #32
Peter Franks
macrumors 6502a

Yep. Me too. Same problem
Peter Franks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:58 PM   #33
davidfield
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayess View Post
Here we are in 2014 and I still have this same problem using 10.9.5. The option of "Save drafts on server" is not available so is there any other solution after all this time?
I'm was still having this problem too. I found Save Drafts in Mail-preferences-General- mailbox behaviour. I've turned it off and it fixed my problem
davidfield is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help