Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

briguy9999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2011
Hi All,

I am having trouble saving my color signature in Preview. I created a signature in Preview by signing a sheet of paper and taking a picture of it with the camera. I inserted the signature into a document and adjusted the signature color to blue. I saved the document as a PDF. Now, when I re-open the file, the signature is black rather than blue.

Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!

SKP

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2013
Re: Color Signature in Preview

I had the same issue and it seems that's the way it is. If you save the document the colour of your signature reverts to black. However, I have found a way to cheat with it. Once you've signed and changed the colour to one of your preference, go to File>Take Screen Shot>From Selection. It will prompt you to make a selection. At this point, select the entire page of your document. This will open a new file in preview with your screen shot selection. Now save this file; by default it saves it in png format, however can save it in pdf format. This will maintain the colour of your signature in your selected form. Hope this helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.