Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HansB1930

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
Could anyone tell me why while I was in my bootcamp, I've tried to install Visual Studio express, but SQL server compact 4.0 wasn't able to install and the Manager too. The rest of Visual Studio express was well installed though. So I made hypothesis about it:

1. I have Mysql server on my mac main partition
2. A software in my Windows partition is using SQL server type.
3. The architecture of the code in a bootcamp partition is not the same than a standard Windows partition.

So does someone have a cue on what's happening?

Thank you very much.

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
3. The architecture of the code in a bootcamp partition is not the same than a standard Windows partition.

This is not true. Running Windows in Boot Camp is exactly the same as running Windows on a PC.

My guess would be that you did something wrong or the Windows partition is damaged in some way. Without more information though it is impossible to say.

What version of Windows are you running and what version of Visual Studio are you trying to install?

knightlie

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Could anyone tell me why while I was in my bootcamp, I've tried to install Visual Studio express, but SQL server compact 4.0 wasn't able to install and the Manager too. The rest of Visual Studio express was well installed though. So I made hypothesis about it:

1. I have Mysql server on my mac main partition
2. A software in my Windows partition is using SQL server type.

So does someone have a cue on what's happening?

Thank you very much.

This will be an issue with Visual Studio/SQLServer itself, it has nothing to do with being on a Mac. You should Google for help with Visual Studio.

lloyddean

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, WA
What I read from your post is that -

You have Boot Camp installed and are currently booted into Windows.

Meanwhile back on your Mac OS partition you have MySQL Server installed, but not running due to the fact you are not booted into Mac OS at the moment.

Meanwhile back in Windows you can't access your not currently running MySQL Server installation.

Did I misread anything?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.