Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Seems to me with all these 'iPhone 6' threads that people are already discounting the 5S and are looking towards the 6.

We can already guess that the 5S will just be a spec bump and that's just a yawner these days. The 5 (and even 4S) are such high-end phones that spec bumps mean less and less.

Apple stock will continue to slide if they don't dazzle people and get them excited again.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
I don't think the niche crowd will be happy until they have 10" iPhones and 3" iPads.

A 5" tablet form factor that can be carried everywhere in a purse or holster/clip that can do 60-70% of what a full sized ipad can do and make calls will be a game changer.

After a month with the iPhone 5, I'm catching myself doing a lot more things with it that previously led me to fire up the iPad. I already use a bluetooth earpiece to talk, so holding up a big phone to my head for extended periods is not a problem.

You call it the niche market, I call it the bi-focal wearing middle aged and seniors. Call it the iPhone Jitterbug, I don't care.

macMD

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2005
New York
The issue is Apple is stuck in defending their decision(s) when it came to the 3.5" screen and now the 4" screen. The simple fact is users do want diversity in screen size and that is what other OS platforms offer. Regardless of whether you like it or not people do leave iOS for other platforms (as I did leave and do return to iOS) because they want something that Apple doesn't offer, screen sizes larger than 4".

Apple should really focus on a low cost phone model like they do with the iP4, and have the 3.5" and a larger size, perhaps its 4", but maybe it should be 4.5 or 5". To remain competitive and to keep market share growth and stockholder happiness they should meet the demands of their users, they are the ones who buy their products after all and without them Apple's stock will certainly continue to drop.

I liked the 4" but would like a 5" screen even more.

JoeFkling

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2013
I see it written that way a lot, but isn't the saying "Each to his own". "To each his own" makes no sense.

never seen it written as each to his own.

----------

Seems to me with all these 'iPhone 6' threads that people are already discounting the 5S and are looking towards the 6.

We can already guess that the 5S will just be a spec bump and that's just a yawner these days. The 5 (and even 4S) are such high-end phones that spec bumps mean less and less.

Apple stock will continue to slide if they don't dazzle people and get them excited again.

The problem with that is if they released a new amazing 6 instead of the 5S people would cry and complain just like they did with the iPad3-4. The problem is the masses wont be satisfied until the are given free product custom made for them each and every time.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
I'd say Apple better also offer a small device or I'll move to Android to keep my current experience. Oh wait, there are no great, small Android devices. So much for choice.

MuddyPaws1

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2012
I'm a fanboy and switched to the S3 when the iP5 was announced. A bigger iPhone (and I don't mean just a row of icons taller) would bring me back in a red hot second. I would go back to camping out for the launch....maybe. I camped out for EVERY iPhone except the 5. I think a bigger phone and a real fresh update to iOS would make me camp out. iOS is just stale. Yea it works, but it's stale.

ManicMarc

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2012
Innovating is apparently making a bigger screen... So by your logic my TV beats your Android phone by miles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.