Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:09 PM   #26
syd430

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseless View Post
How about webpage scrolling blur and jitter? Does the 4 flow better?
Yes it's much better having owned both
  1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:10 AM   #27
jonnyb098
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngelv View Post
"Power user" = inflated ego.
It depends on the person saying they are a "power user". A power user could be using the new iPad as a mobile photo studio in some respects. In many ways its much easier / quicker to edit photos on an iPad. Granted a professional will still be limited in some ways. But power user doesn't necessarily have to be using it for business.
jonnyb098 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:17 AM   #28
RenoG
macrumors 6502a

Maybe you'll notice maybe you wont, either way they are both awesome units that will get the job done all the same. I have a 3 and I played with the 4 and yes its absolutely noticeable if you care enough to pay attention. Apps load faster, safari loads faster, everything is faster heck its suppose to be it has a faster chip. Personally my ipad 3 is fast and snappy enough for my needs. Its really silly to see you guys actually bicker over such silliness but hey its MR its just another day..
RenoG is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:04 PM   #29
kngelv
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb098 View Post
It depends on the person saying they are a "power user". A power user could be using the new iPad as a mobile photo studio in some respects. In many ways its much easier / quicker to edit photos on an iPad. Granted a professional will still be limited in some ways. But power user doesn't necessarily have to be using it for business.
When anybody says their a power user , I immediately tune out. It's usually used as a sort of cudgel to make their statements appear as if they carry more weight than ones from us "ordinary" folks.

James
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:09 PM   #30
jonnyb098
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngelv View Post
When anybody says their a power user , I immediately tune out. It's usually used as a sort of cudgel to make their statements appear as if they carry more weight than ones from us "ordinary" folks.

James
I agree it can be in taken that way in conversation. But its just kind of something you think in your head...oh yeah well that guy is a power user since he does blah blah blah....
jonnyb098 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:10 PM   #31
WeegieMac

I own a 3, but have used a 4 thanks to a relative, and in basic everyday use there is no major differences. You won't feel like you're using a grossly inferior device. The UI animations are smooth on both, but apps do load a second quicker on the 4.

The 4 is more future proof though, especially as no apps have truly tested and pushed that A6X chip yet. When developers do push the new chipset, the differences will be more noticeable, but only in apps which utilise that extra power.
WeegieMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:50 AM   #32
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdj View Post
Lol...wrong!

I still own both. The iPad 4 is noticeably faster in almost any task you can throw at it. For population of my morning RSS reader to rendering photos...exporting a video to downloading and installing updates. Launching apps, browser speed and retention, sync'ing with iCloud in Pages, Numbers and Keynote...I can't think of anything that isn't obvious. The speed of the 4 exceeds the 3 in benchmarks by two fold. You won't necessarily notice double the speed in everything...but you most certainly WILL notice a faster and less 'strained' speed with the latest machine.

Again...I own both. I use both. Daily! The 3 is an excellent tablet. Easily the second best on the market. But if you're looking for the fastest, the iPad 4 is it

J
Why would you use both iPads on a daily basis???
Beeplance is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:54 AM   #33
Tsepz
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergerFan View Post
Basically, the iPad 3 is pushing a sweat - maxing-out, behind the scenes just to look good when doing basic tasks, whereas the iPad 4 looks as good, but behind the scenes, it's taking a leisurely walk in the park, with resources to spare.
+1 This!!

The iPad4 always feels like its got a lot more to give, while the 3 does seem to reach max capacity at some points. IMO, if you're buying an iPad now, might as well get a 4.
Tsepz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:52 AM   #34
jgag
macrumors member

If you're askign because you're thinking about buying one, then just get the 4. It will sell for more when the 5 comes out.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:45 PM   #35
bigboar
macrumors 6502

if you plan on keeping it for a while, definately get the 4. The 3 will be a brick long before the 4...If you plan on upgrading every year then just get the 3 and save some money....
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:29 PM   #36
saberahul
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd430 View Post
I disagree. Everything is just more fluid on the 4. It's very noticeable for me because i'm a heavy user, and having come from an iPad 3 before it. Some examples are home screen animations and scrolling in content heavy websites. Stuttering is virtually not existant on the 4 whereas the 3 would occasionally struggle at times. Apps also launch much quicker which is useful for me as I switch between many apps quickly.
Very heavy user here and I agree with this.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:00 PM   #37
teknikal90
macrumors 65816

ive owned both and although i can tell that there is a difference (scrolling through pdfs, fast app switching) the difference is NOT night and day.

i feel like the ipad 4 just has more headroom before itll lag/crash. but getting the ipad 3 to that point isnt easy to begin with.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:04 PM   #38
lucasfer899
macrumors 6502

Another one of these? wow.
No, I don't notice any difference, then again, all I do is play fruit ninja and watch netflix on the thing.

when I am web browsing though, there is little, if even any difference between the two.
lucasfer899 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:45 PM   #39
RenoG
macrumors 6502a

This would be more of a use case type question wouldn't it?
RenoG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:37 PM   #40
D.T.
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberahul View Post
Very heavy user here
Maybe cut back on the carbs.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:31 PM   #41
SeanR1
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
Maybe cut back on the carbs.
HeHe thanks for the chuckle.
SeanR1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:37 PM   #42
HipHopTrex
macrumors member

Here's what I can tell you...

On my 3 I spend about 30-45 minutes before classes reading apps like BBC, local news apps, Zite, CNN, Huffington post. Sporadically play games like words with friends, slingo, and a few others but generally I don't play every app daily lol. Then I read either a book in the kindle app or iBooks a few chapters daily. And do other miscellaneous things like twitter, remote app, etc. And honestly when I did the same things on the 4 everything was the same.

The only thing I noticed different with a 4 over maybe 10 hours of usage is that web browsing seems faster, but not be a huge amount. Just maybe a noticeable thing or my mind playing tricks on me.
HipHopTrex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:07 PM   #43
taedouni
macrumors 6502a

If you're purchasing a new iPad then get a 4. If you already own a 3 then don't bother upgrading.
taedouni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:12 PM   #44
rexboe
macrumors newbie

My 4 is faster than my 3.
rexboe is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad