Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JGRE

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Dutch Mountains
When comparing Safari to Chrome using the IE Fish tank test, Safari out performed Chrome by a street length. So I use Safari currently as the only browser on my 2011 MBP. On Windows I use Chrome, because Safari sucks on Windows and IE....well I am not even going to spent a second on this retarded browser (luckely there is no OSX version of this).

The only thing I really mis in Safari are icon's in the bookmark bar, now you have all the text (because Apple wants no colors in the browser), while an icon would be fine.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Using both.

Safari works better on my iphone and iPad (being default apps with reader function, and so I use it primarily on my macbook and imac as well to take advantage of icloud tabs).

However, Safari sucks when it comes to handling java (it can't even convert a ppt presentation over slideshare properly), so I hop over to chrome for times like this. :p

MACelmore

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2013
I love Safari. Tried it when I first got a Macbook, then downloaded Chrome by way of instinct. I just couldn't leave Safari alone though.

The only two grips I have with Safari:

1) Some websites just plain work better on Chrome. I can't access my work Outlook on Safari. At all. It won't even load the page. Also, sometimes when I'm filling out an application or any kind of form, Safari just kinda sucks.

2) Chrome's prefill option is awesome. I find myself having to type every letter of my login information and such with Safari, whereas Chrome knows what to input. I could be doing something wrong with Safari's settings, though.

Just my .02

Orka

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2012
Moscow, Russia
I'm new to Mac and Safari (aside safari my iphone) and use it it on my new MBA which i bought 2 weeks ago.

Before that, i've been using Chrome since 2009 and I think that Chrome is more user friendly, bigger font, better bookmarks. Bookmarks panel is better in Chrome too, bigger font and there are favicons. Safari can make me blind one day with these tiny fonts. I always have to tune something, either zoom in or zoom out. My previous old Vaio SZ just worked (with Chrome).

On the other hand, Safari seems to be overall smoother on Mac than Chrome.

But... I'd say the only thing that forces me to use Safari on my MBA is better battery life (then on Chrome).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.