Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 6, 2013, 09:14 PM   #26
remzibi
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Middle Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intell View Post
Your post is lacking vivid details. I've come to the conclusion, that I assume is shared by others in this thread/forum, that you are lying. Based on what you may or may not know about AES encryption, you should at least be aware of the basic most constant; 256-bit cannot be cracked by one lone person such as yourself within any time span less than a decade.
Details are as follow:
- I do not need to know the password so I do not need to crack any 256 bit AES algo
- I simply need to remove password, so I did what I need only and nothing more
remzibi is offline   0
Old Apr 6, 2013, 09:16 PM   #27
Intell
macrumors G5
 
Intell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Inside
Quote:
Originally Posted by remzibi View Post
Details are as follow:
- I do not need to know the password so I do not need to crack any 256 bit AES algo
- I simply need to remove password, so I did what I need only and nothing more
Counter details:

- You need the 256-bit key to access the EFI chip via the TPM
- You can't remove the password without having to reflash the EFI, something Apple's TPM device does
__________________
Last edited by Intell; Yesterday at 10:24 AM.
Intell is offline   0
Old Apr 6, 2013, 09:19 PM   #28
remzibi
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Middle Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intell View Post
...
- You need the 256-bit key to access the EFI chip via the TPM
- You can't remove the password without having to reflash the EFI, something Apple's TPM device does
Both of this are false.
With all respect - You wrong
remzibi is offline   0
Old Apr 6, 2013, 09:22 PM   #29
Intell
macrumors G5
 
Intell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Inside
Quote:
Originally Posted by remzibi View Post
Both of this are false.
With all respect - You wrong
Then go into detail about how you access the encrypted EFI chip without tripping the security fuses and how do you reflash it once the password is removed.
__________________
Last edited by Intell; Yesterday at 10:24 AM.
Intell is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC