Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Apr 15, 2013, 04:51 AM   #26
Icaras
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobb View Post
To allow Apple again, to sell us the new THINNEST, LIGHTEST notebook (with a smaller battery).

Don't sell your 2012 just yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1441 View Post
My worry as well. Don't leave the battery the same and get 10 hours, make it smaller and get the 6 hours. I don't need it thinner, I do want ipad length battery on a MacBook Air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urkel View Post
EXACTLY! There's no "thinnovation" in running out of battery when on the road. And it's not like anything out of Apple in the last 3 years was considered "thick" so most users would appreciate better battery life over thin bragging rights.

That said, I dont think theyll change the air design yet so this may be good news for 2013 models.
I guess I'll be the rebel in this thread and say that I actually look forward to seeing a thinner and lighter Macbook Air, even if it does mean compromises in battery. Of course, as long as it equals the same battery life as the current generation MBA, then it will be seamless for customers, as have all Apple products have been that that have gone through thinning over the years.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 05:40 AM   #27
Serban
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
I guess I'll be the rebel in this thread and say that I actually look forward to seeing a thinner and lighter Macbook Air, even if it does mean compromises in battery. Of course, as long as it equals the same battery life as the current generation MBA, then it will be seamless for customers, as have all Apple products have been that that have gone through thinning over the years.
Not really a compromises, they can do a lighter and thinner Air with the same 7 Hours of usage
Serban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 06:05 AM   #28
Seamaster
macrumors 6502a

I think they'll keep the form factor unchanged, and use the extension in battery life to enable a retina display.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 06:21 AM   #29
Serban
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
I think they'll keep the form factor unchanged, and use the extension in battery life to enable a retina display.
Oh yeaa. But i think they will have to get rid of macbook pro 13" retina. So i guess would not happen, or will have like before a macbook air 13" with better screen and less performance than pro 13"
Old Apr 15, 2013, 07:09 AM   #30
designs216
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHUFrank View Post
You cannot upgrade the processor in a MBA. For me its pretty simple. Dump the 2010 Air to my daughter, give her Lenovo to my son, and I get the new Haswell MBA.
Trickle down economics in action with you at the top of the totem pole. You squeeze extra years out of old hardware and get the latest tech simultaneously.
designs216 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 08:32 AM   #31
CocoaNut
macrumors newbie

I would certainly welcome another hour or so in a 2013 11" MBA, but the thing that I would really like to see is a larger screen in each form factor (though not necessarily Retina).

That could mean a MBA with a 12.2" or a 14" screen, without changing external sizes, according to my personal measurements, and based on what's being done on MBP's.

My eyes bleed every time I see that big bezel!
CocoaNut is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 08:55 PM   #32
Tony0693
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga12 View Post
so how much does that cost total?
Depends on the model, starts at 999$ for the mba and so on..
Tony0693 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:53 AM   #33
Mackan
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoaNut View Post
My eyes bleed every time I see that big bezel!
Couldn't agree more. That big bezel on the 11'' is what has kept me from trying it. I don't understand how someone like Jony Ive feels ok with that bezel... I can't imagine it being too hard to put a larger screen in there.
Mackan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2013, 02:15 AM   #34
Serban
macrumors 68000

Or to reduce the size of the MBA 11" and keep the display
Old Apr 16, 2013, 06:53 AM   #35
luffytubby
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobsian View Post
Source: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-575...-to-pc-makers/

It has started to ship to manufacturers and Intel are going to release a statement later this week. Better battery life is the single most important thing I've been yearning for in 2013 MBAs.

The full quote from Intel CEO: "The single largest generation-to-generation battery life improvement in Intel history".

Very excited I wonder if by shipping to "major PC makers" they also include Apple...

What is the news here?

1) Cnet is a horrible untrustworthy website. With a long history of jaded and biased reviews and poor incorrect articles.

2) The statement of improved battery life is from an old Intel statement. The only thing the source confirms is that the chipset is shipping.

Here is the deal - For a long while, but especially with Sandy and Ivy, Intel have hyped up their battery claims, and always to roaring disappointments.

I'm not denying the possibility of significant gains, and trust me - I would be thrilled! It would be awesome to get 10 hours on a rMBP, but I just doubt it. unfortunately.

Maybe it's true. But if it's true real-world scenario will probably be less significant than hyped here. Much like how many manufactureres exaggerate their battery runtime, or run them with unreasonable low performance and features removed.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 09:40 AM   #36
RoastingPig
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to RoastingPig
sell all the old airs!
Old Apr 16, 2013, 11:37 AM   #37
DisplacedMic
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffytubby View Post
What is the news here?

1) Cnet is a horrible untrustworthy website. With a long history of jaded and biased reviews and poor incorrect articles.

2) The statement of improved battery life is from an old Intel statement. The only thing the source confirms is that the chipset is shipping.

Here is the deal - For a long while, but especially with Sandy and Ivy, Intel have hyped up their battery claims, and always to roaring disappointments.

I'm not denying the possibility of significant gains, and trust me - I would be thrilled! It would be awesome to get 10 hours on a rMBP, but I just doubt it. unfortunately.

Maybe it's true. But if it's true real-world scenario will probably be less significant than hyped here. Much like how many manufactureres exaggerate their battery runtime, or run them with unreasonable low performance and features removed.
seriously...what happened to cnet?
DisplacedMic is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air