Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
I apologize if this has been posted, but I searched (and searched some more) and couldn't find a straight forward answer.

What I want to do is import my calendar from Outlook for Mac 2011 to iCal. Whenever I go to export it saves the file in a .olm format which iCal doesn't recognize.

Any suggestions on a quick, easy and free way of importing Outlook for Mac 2011 Calendar to iCal?

P.S. I can't get to my old Windows machine to export from there. It is completely dead.

Thanks!

martyn05

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2010
Near Derby, UK
I apologize if this has been posted, but I searched (and searched some more) and couldn't find a straight forward answer.

What I want to do is import my calendar from Outlook for Mac 2011 to iCal. Whenever I go to export it saves the file in a .olm format which iCal doesn't recognize.

Any suggestions on a quick, easy and free way of importing Outlook for Mac 2011 Calendar to iCal?

P.S. I can't get to my old Windows machine to export from there. It is completely dead.

Thanks!

I think there is a sync setting in Outlook that you click on that does it.

sammystar

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2011
Any Answers to Imp. Outlook to ical???

I have the same issue... I can't seem to import my outlook for mac 2011 data into ical. It is not recognizing the .olm extension.

How can I get my calendar data from outlook to ical???

I, of course, wish i didn't have to do this...I didn't realize that my iphone would not sync with outlook 2011 when I just purchased it...not happy! How they could not include that sync is beyond me... backwards from entourage if that's possible.

anyway, moving on... any help with this would be greatly appreciated. i'm a pretty newbie mac user and would appreciate any guidance.

thanks much.

vasil

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2011
sync works

I have the same issue... I can't seem to import my outlook for mac 2011 data into ical. It is not recognizing the .olm extension.

How can I get my calendar data from outlook to ical???

I, of course, wish i didn't have to do this...I didn't realize that my iphone would not sync with outlook 2011 when I just purchased it...not happy! How they could not include that sync is beyond me... backwards from entourage if that's possible.

anyway, moving on... any help with this would be greatly appreciated. i'm a pretty newbie mac user and would appreciate any guidance.

thanks much.

just try to open preferences in outlook, then click sync services and choose which items you want to sync.

and that's it!

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
Outlook for Mac

I have office for mac 2011 but it doesnt include outlook , can you buy it as a standalone? and can anyone tell me where on the net it is ?

michaelthb

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2013
It seems as though sync services are no longer supported on OSX Mountain Lion.

Is there another way to import from Outlook 2011 to iCal?

Thanks
Michael

rshanahan

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2007
North East, MD
Check Outlook 2011 version

I have been syncing my outlook calendar to Ical (and to my I-devices) under Mountain Lion (and Lion) and the latest version of Outlook for over a year (maybe more).

The original release of 2011 only supported syncing contacts. The 1st (or second) service pack/update to office 2011 added that feature. I am currently running Outlook 2011 version 14.3.1.

Run the updater and download the latest updates, that should enable calendar in the sync options.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Another free method would be to sign up for a trial Office 365 account, add the account in Outlook, copy your events (month-by-month using list view) from your "On my computer" calendar to your Office 365 calendar, add the Office 365 account to iCal, export the Office 365 calendar from iCal and import it back into whatever iCal calendar you choose.

The only problem you may have is with meetings ("invitation" events, if you have any) as they're "attached" to a particular email address. This might be a problem no matter what method you use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.