Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fred_garvin

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2003
If Apple were looking out for users, they'd publish 2 prices for each app.

1. The price to download
2. The price to fully purchase the app with all in app purchases tallied.

That'd put an end to some of these practices. Too bad making money through trickery takes priority over the customer experience.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
They haven't even updated the original Plants vs Zombies to the 4" screen. What makes them think they're ready to release a second version?!

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Yeah!

EA sucks!

I hear they eat babies, literally spit and crap on customers (same time somehow), and just generally make games that nobody likes.

Am I cool yet?

Try spending your hard earned money on games like Monopoly and Scrabble, only to have them completely ****** up in more recent updates.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Try spending your hard earned money on games like Monopoly and Scrabble, only to have them completely ****** up in more recent updates.

I did buy monopoly on the iPad.

Haven't played it much, though. It's broken?

Could be worse, I paid about 18$ for Final Fantasy Tactics that hasn't been updated in over a year.

ValtermcPires

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2013
Portugal, Cascais
Anyone ever play the entire game and then go to a new device and remember how boring it is to do the beginning levels again? If they can't allow you to move your saved games between devices then at least have the ability to jump to any level.

Oh man don't remember what i struggle on Siege Hero, on my iPod i got all levels unlock, when i moved to my iPhone i have to do all again.

But this news is awesome, i like the first PvZ, but i certain point become boring.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Am willing to admit that if the game is basically unplayable without them then I shall be pirating them. <riot start>

Also start making universal apps instead of HD and iPhone version D:<

I have to agree with this. I don't mind IAP to speed up games. I don't mind waiting 24 hours for my utter destroyed car to repair (in part cause I have 3 cars) but when it's like the Simpsons and after maybe a week you can't really play without paying that is crap.

And I would rather buy level packs (assuming reasonable pricing) than a whole separate game. I feel like the Angry Birds seasons should have been that way. And the whole free v paid with no ads should be an IAP so we don't have to start over.

Cloud syncing would be a plus but universal to me is a must. Do it like Temple
Run Oz did it and download the standard version off the top and when you detect a device that can go HD ask folks if they want those assets. Or how about Apple treats universal apps like they do videos, when we hit download ask which one we want (they used to have that in iOS 5 for video when you were downloading previous purchases as well as showing what was already bought and I hope those are brought back)

ValtermcPires

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2013
Portugal, Cascais
pvz2jully.png

https://twitter.com/NSSteph/status/331424089883414528

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.