Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:14 PM   #1
pickaxe
macrumors 6502a

Any way to launch Spotlight quickly?

Unlike some people, I use Spotlight a lot. The cache means it is really fast. But Launching it is a pain. I have to press Home button 2-3 times slowly (to avoid showing the multitasking bar) and it sucks. Is there an easier gesture somehow or a shortcut without Jailbreaking?
pickaxe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:21 PM   #2
Hustler1337
macrumors 6502a

Around 3 seconds wait is too slow? What are you doing that makes you need to search so quick?

As to your question, there's no other quicker way of getting into Spotlight, the home button was intended to be the quickest way (not quick enough for you though )
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:02 PM   #3
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickaxe View Post
Unlike some people, I use Spotlight a lot. The cache means it is really fast. But Launching it is a pain. I have to press Home button 2-3 times slowly (to avoid showing the multitasking bar) and it sucks. Is there an easier gesture somehow or a shortcut without Jailbreaking?
reduce your number of apps (or put in folders) so that all you have are on the first page. Then you are never more then 1 swipe away, or worst case one home button press and 1 swipe
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:08 PM   #4
C DM
macrumors G5

The only other way I know of getting to the spotlight screen/page is once you are on you main home screen/page you can swipe right (to go left essentially) to get there (instead of pressing the home button once more time to do the same thing essentially).
C DM is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:20 PM   #5
FlatlinerG
macrumors 6502a

Just like the above post, just swipe left to right from the first page of your home screen.

Also, if you look at your home screen, right above the dock and just below the bottom layer of apps, you can see the spotlight search icon and dots indicating the number of pages and which page you are on. You can just tap on that icon and it will bring you right to it. (works the same way for tapping on the page dot for whatever page of apps you want).
...and many more.
FlatlinerG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:06 PM   #6
C DM
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatlinerG View Post
Just like the above post, just swipe left to right from the first page of your home screen.

Also, if you look at your home screen, right above the dock and just below the bottom layer of apps, you can see the spotlight search icon and dots indicating the number of pages and which page you are on. You can just tap on that icon and it will bring you right to it. (works the same way for tapping on the page dot for whatever page of apps you want).
Almost forgot about that...however, I think it only works going to the next or previous page (if you touch to the right or left of that area basically)--I don't think you can skip directly to a particular page or spotlight just by touching the corresponding dot/magnifying glass.
C DM is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:15 PM   #7
APlotdevice
macrumors 68020

Some external iPad keyboards have a dedicated spotlight button which brings you right to the page. That's the only shortcut to my knowledge.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6