Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old May 23, 2013, 12:19 AM   #26
syd430

Quote:
Originally Posted by iThinkergoiMac View Post
The thickness changed for the full iPad by .03", which is essentially imperceptible.
No, the difference in size and weight from the 2 to the 3 was noticeable. To this day my ipad 4 (and 3 before it) feel like they are a bit fat where the design doesn't really allow it. Never felt that way with the 2.

I get a similar feeling with my 13 rMBP (the misleading thinness due to the curved bottom). Might just be me, but it seems that the new designs coming out are a lot less "honest". The ip5 is a masterpiece though.
  0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 06:26 PM   #27
iThinkergoiMac
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd430 View Post
No, the difference in size and weight from the 2 to the 3 was noticeable. To this day my ipad 4 (and 3 before it) feel like they are a bit fat where the design doesn't really allow it. Never felt that way with the 2.
I agree that the weight is definitely perceptible. But I don't think the thickness difference is truly that perceptible. .03" is less than 1/32", which is a very small amount. I think the weight makes it feel thicker than it is.

I have an iPad 4, and a friend of mine has an iPad 2. I don't notice a significant difference in thickness between the two. Lest you say I'm just not noticing it, until about 6 months ago, my job required me to work with thicknesses down to .0008".
Old May 23, 2013, 07:44 PM   #28
.Asa
macrumors regular

I want a nice chunky 3/4 inch thick iPad mini with some 30-40 hours battery life.
I've had enough of this super thin nonsense.
Old May 27, 2013, 05:03 PM   #29
mikeoui
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDKP View Post
Don't really have any design changes, but would like Apple to make the Smart Case for the mini. I have done the second best thing and put on a Coverbuddy back and Smart Cover front but still.

Oh yes, A6 and more ram please
You might be interested in this case. It is basically a Smart Case, it's cheap, and it has good reviews. Just discovered it when watch casing reviews on YouTube.

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-SLIMLINE-Portfolio-Automatically-Manufacturer/dp/B00A3KKL56/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1S8KF9DDSQC4Z&coliid=I54SO8R0Z62L0

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad