Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
anyone else having this issue?

since ive updated to itunes 11 apps from my iphone and ipod touch are not syncing with itunes.

i have to manually update apps from itunes and newly downloaded ones are not being copied.

i do have the "automatically sync new apps" box checked.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
Me too and it quite annoying especially when I have many apps needed updated but I already updated them on my iPod Touch.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Since, in my opinion, Apple has managed to hide everything useful in 11 for the sake of showing album covers - there is probably some other parameter that has to be turned on but Apple has hidden it so well we will never find it.

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2007
iTunes 11 and app syncing is the biggest pos I have ever seen. In iTunes 10 I could delete a app and when syncing my devices the app would be deleted. now in 11 it does not. Even with today's update now it won't even transfer new apps.

nik.gibson

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2005
village in England
Apps not updating

The "Automatically sync new apps" check box has to be checked otherwise existing apps are not updated either. Irritating as if you have multiple "i" devices then new apps have to be manually deleted as in the case of iPhone apps that do not have an iPad version or scale sensibly. Cmon Apple, you can do better than this

Nik

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
SO at least it isn't me....

I've got an 8yo with a new Touch (that replaced an android mistake from Christmas) and I can't get apps to sync...

The worst part - she is awake for a bit after having her tonsils out and sinus surgery today. UGH.

dmrowley

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2010
Dortches, NC
I get a lot of apps the get frozen during the installation process. Usually have to do a hard reset and sync to get them fixed. I hope the next round of updates fix this issue. It happens very frequently.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
To transfer new apps or updates downloaded on an iOS device back to iTunes, as a work around from the menu select File - Devices - Transfer Purchases (Windows version, I don't know if Mac is different).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.