Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

headsup.jpg
The developers behind popular to-do list app Clear have created a new charades-type app for The Ellen Show called Heads Up!. It's a party game that is getting excellent reviews, including from our sister-site TouchArcade:
In a nutshell, you get a group of people together, load up the app, select a category, and then hold your iPhone (or iPad) up to your forehead. From there, you've got 60 seconds where a word will appear on the screen, everyone else shouts clues, and you try to guess it. If you get it right, you tilt your device down, if you can't get it and want to skip you tilt up. It sounds basic, but even beta versions of the game that randomly would appear at bars and restaurants of GDC was a ton of fun.
The game also utilizes the front camera of the iPhone to record friends trying to act out whatever the word is. Players can then share those videos on Twitter or Facebook, and also submit them to be featured on The Ellen Show.

Heads Up! is available on the iPhone and iPad for $0.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: New Party Game 'Heads Up!' Featured on The Ellen Show

makingdots

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2008
It's from a Philippine Noontime Show called Pinoy Henyo.

images

Here's the video - http://youtu.be/E0rpWxN-6ZY?t=2m04s

Here's some translation..

HINDE = no
OO = yes
PWEDE = can be

SITAW = string bean

TAO = human
BAGAY = things
LUGAR = place
PAGKAIN = food

ALMUSAL = breakfast
TANGHALIAN = lunch
GULAY = vegetable

Last edited:

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
Isn't this just "Who I am I" but with an iPad not a piece of paper?:confused: I played this at loads of drunken nights at uni.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Reminds me of the Office episode where you put nationalities on paper on your forehead and people would mock you and make fun of that nationality to get you to figure out what you were holding.

as per usual, it didn't play out nicely with the employees.

somethingelsefl

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008
Tampa, FL
This game and "SpaceTeam" are awesome party games for iOS devices. They are blast. Found out about both of them from MR and TouchArcade.

Thanks for the head's up on the great games, you guys! (pun intended).

Last edited:

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Bought it since it was only 99 cents. Not a very unique idea, but really well implemented.

jm001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Bought it since it was only 99 cents. Not a very unique idea, but really well implemented.

Whole heartedly agree... not original but well implemented. I bought it and my family has become addicted to it. After my wife stopped play to get the daughter to bed, she wanted to continue to play it! Our daughter didn't want to go back to bed so we played for another 1/2 hour. I just bought some of the extra decks like "Totally '80's" and "Movie Buff".

The video recording was actually quite funny playing back what you actually did.

tetyko03

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2013
If you don't have something nice to say you should keep it to yourself. I don't understand why a person feels compelled to insult another in this way.

liavman

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
It's from a Philippine Noontime Show called Pinoy Henyo.

That participant is so genuinely happy that she got it. That is good to see :) So infectious

I see the attraction for this app. Recording the scene is a brilliant idea.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.