Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarrenUK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Southampton, UK
I am new to mac and on my windows PC have always used avery wizard for printing my avery address labels of various sizes.

What alternative is best for mac? what is the best app/software for printing avery address labels? Ive had a look in the mac app store and there are a few label printing apps but wanted to know what others use first.

Thanks in advance.

admwright

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2008
Scotland
If you just want a page of labels for addresses just do this from the Contacts application. Select the addresses you want (I have smart lists for this) then Print and select a page layout for the Avery labels you have. The only limitation of this is you do not get to state where on the page to print, so it is only good for lots of labels not individually printing on at a specific position.

macinhand

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
Cheshire, UK
If you are looking to stick with the Avery brand they have an app for the Mac called "Avery DesignPro" i have this running on the latest OS X! It works for my needs and it seems to do a good job. It has all the codes to relate to which ever paper stock you are using.

HTH :)

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
I am new to mac and on my windows PC have always used avery wizard for printing my avery address labels of various sizes.

What alternative is best for mac? what is the best app/software for printing avery address labels? Ive had a look in the mac app store and there are a few label printing apps but wanted to know what others use first.

Thanks in advance.
You do not print Avery labels just for the heck of it. Presumably, your printed labels serve some purpose. The best software is the software that serves your purpose. For years, I used MacKiev's The Print Shop 2. However, I switched to Microsoft Word.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008

Thanks in advance.
I print labels directly from Address Book. It works extremely well for my purposes, so I have no need of other software.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

Thanks in advance.

You don't need any extra software, you can do it right in OS X. Just go to the Address Book (Contacts) and select the contacts you want to print. Then hit command-p and the below dialog will come up. Select Mailing Labels under Style and you can pick Avery then the Avery label style number in the dropdown I marked.

v24vB.png

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
There's also Labelist. It works with fields and can suck data out of all kinds of sources. Useful if you're doing all sorts of labeling and addressing. Has lots of design goodies as well.

Matthewlee

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2009
If you have a need for a personal database application at all, get Bento 4 (Bento is made by FileMaker, a subsidiary of Apple). Bento has a very comprehensive label printing ability. I used to use the Avery Design Pro app that someone else mentioned, but once label printing was brought into v4 of Bento, I began using it, and I have been very impressed. I just used it to print out all of the labels for Christmas cards that we sent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.