Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trvsglr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
I signed up for iTunes Match a few days ago and I have a few questions about it that hopefully someone here can help me out with. I did submit a question to Apple about this and they simply sent me a link back for this website. Anyway, after running iTunes Match everything seemed to be ok. Except when I play back some songs, they sound like the same "old" songs i had before. I cleared out my library of all music I had actual copies of on my PC so to be sure that iTunes Match was playing the song from the cloud. But when I play some songs back, they dont sound like I hoped they would sound. For example, I have a song that was ripped from the video of the song, the video had an intro to it that isnt really on the song. So i assumed after running iTunes Match that it would simply match the song in it's data base since it is available in the store and I would be givin that copy of it. Am I miss understanding this? I thought if I had a song in my library that was available in the itunes store that when iCloud played me back that song it would be the one from the store. Thanks!

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Even if the song is in the iTunes Store, that doesn't mean it'll get matched. The best way to check if they were matched is to view your songs as a list in iTunes and then right-click or control-click the Time, Artist and Album area and turn on iCloud Status. This will tell you if it was matched or uploaded.

trvsglr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
Even if the song is in the iTunes Store, that doesn't mean it'll get matched. The best way to check if they were matched is to view your songs as a list in iTunes and then right-click or control-click the Time, Artist and Album area and turn on iCloud Status. This will tell you if it was matched or uploaded.

Oh ok cool. I was trying to find an option to do that, Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.