Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I've noticed this for some time now. Thought it would be a good implementation, although I'm not even sure if I can post suggestions here. Nonetheless, I've noticed that users can rate their own posts. As a member here, I take the ratings of my posts seriously. Abusing it destroys the concept.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I've noticed this for some time now. Thought it would be a good implementation, although I'm not even sure if I can post suggestions here. Nonetheless, I've noticed that users can rate their own posts. As a member here, I take the ratings of my posts seriously. Abusing it destroys the concept.

The voting system is an experiment by the site owner and noted in his post here in the downvoting thread.

What is your suggestion?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
The concept has been long destroyed, as the post rating system has been abused to the point that it's meaningless. I wouldn't give any credence to a post based on its up or down vote count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.