Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Irish94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
Hey guys, basically my problem is that I'm trying to play sims 3 on my MacBook and it runs fine, up until I try to enter a lot/house/actually play the game. Then it just quits to desktop without any error message. The loading icon will appear for a few seconds then the game just closes.

I have a MacBook Pro which I got in 2011 (so definitely not that old). I installed sims 3 on it back then and it played fine whenever I played it. Haven't installed any expansion packs. A few months ago I dropped my laptop and it's a little banged up. Nothing major. I just broke the cd rom, so I can't put any discs in my laptop. Obviously that meant I couldn't play sims. So I downloaded a no cd crack and tried to replace the files with that. That didn't work. So eventually I just bought an external USB cd rom, which I plug in to load discs. Sims worked up until I tried to enter a lot as described above.

I figured maybe the crack file might have messed things up so I deletes it and uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Still no dice. Maybe I missed something? Please help me. It's beyond frustrating!!

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
Hey guys, basically my problem is that I'm trying to play sims 3 on my MacBook and it runs fine, up until I try to enter a lot/house/actually play the game. Then it just quits to desktop without any error message. The loading icon will appear for a few seconds then the game just closes.

I have a MacBook Pro which I got in 2011 (so definitely not that old). I installed sims 3 on it back then and it played fine whenever I played it. Haven't installed any expansion packs. A few months ago I dropped my laptop and it's a little banged up. Nothing major. I just broke the cd rom, so I can't put any discs in my laptop. Obviously that meant I couldn't play sims. So I downloaded a no cd crack and tried to replace the files with that. That didn't work. So eventually I just bought an external USB cd rom, which I plug in to load discs. Sims worked up until I tried to enter a lot as described above.

I figured maybe the crack file might have messed things up so I deletes it and uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Still no dice. Maybe I missed something? Please help me. It's beyond frustrating!!

Everytime I've installed a crack my sims 3 doesn't work either. Try updating your crack file. That's probably the issue.

Irish94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
But if I deleted the crack and reinstalled the game with the disc, it should work regardless no?

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
But if I deleted the crack and reinstalled the game with the disc, it should work regardless no?

Yes it should. Typically though don't you need to have the disc in the machine? I'm trying to remember but its been a long time since I touched sims 3.

Irish94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
Yeah you do. But since my computers cd rom is broken I'm using a portable USB one. It's just strange that reinstallation isnt fixing the crash...

Irish94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
Okay I'm going to try an reinstall it again. Just to make sure I'm uninstalling it properly could anybody please give me a step by step uninstallation guide?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.