Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Nov 7, 2012, 08:09 PM   #26
Caliber26
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideonecincy View Post
Caliber26: Of course iPhone photos count! It amazes me sometimes how nice of a photo a phone can take. I've never been to Disneyland, so I have no idea how big this actually is, but it looks like its huge. Nice colors that transition all over seamlessly.
Yep. It's pretty big: 180 feet in height.
Caliber26 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 08:49 PM   #27
GT41
macrumors regular

Congratulations fcortese, great use of texture and B&W. When I saw you posted that picture it stuck out at me, though honestly after looking back at it a couple times over the past week I kept hoping to see more where I could more clearly see (wider angle or lower approach) which specific bridge it was. Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the Brooklyn bridge to recognize it from such a view.

imac wannabe: I love the photo and as well as the plane. My brother is an aerodynamics researcher at NASA and I've spent years hearing and reading about the SR-71 and it truly is iconic. Great job on the capture from a totally unusual angle.

Also thanks for the comments on my photo. I got lucky, the sky cleared up as we were leaving, but I found Alcatraz to be perfectly set up for moody black and white photography. I'd say many were better than the one I submitted, but this one most suited the theme, and the warning sign nailed it for me.

Good luck to all next week.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:20 PM   #28
fcortese
macrumors 68000

Wow, I am honored to have been chosen as the winner of this contest. There were so many great photos submitted; pmexperience's, JD's, Cheese&Apple's, GT41's, AlexH's and keleko's, just to name a few, that I really caught my eye. Thanks for the judging, sideonecincy. Nice job. For GT41, I took this picture late in the afternoon with a cloudless sky. I was captured by the 1875 date on the brickwork and tried to capture the symmetry of the arches and cables. Since it was built in 1875, I went with the B&W processing through Silver Efex Pro. I did not do a lot of tampering with increasing structure or darkening the sky, etc. I just wanted to give an old feel to the picture w/o over doing it. I'll have something up either later tonight or early tomorrow morning. Thanks again and congrats to all who entered.
fcortese is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:05 AM   #29
Cheese&Apple
macrumors Demi-God

Some really great shots once again!

I always appreciate how much time and effort people put into their critique of the photos in this thread. Well done Sideonecincy...thank you.

Cheers
Cheese&Apple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:08 AM   #30
JDDavis
macrumors 6502a

Great job with the judging and thanks for taking the time for all the comments. Great set of photos here.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:34 AM   #31
imac wannabe
macrumors regular

Great photos everyone! This was a strong group of shots. Thanks for all the time sideonecincy and congrats to fcortese. JDDavis your shot is "the one" this week that when I saw it I thought it was great...such nice colors and great composition. I look forward to the next contest
imac wannabe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:10 AM   #32
oblomow
macrumors Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to oblomow
Thanks for judging. The icon I was shooting was the backside of the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, Spain.
oblomow is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography