Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4GLTE lover

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2013
Is it possible to you to tell that there is an iPhone and not some plastic piece of junk phone inside the Lifeproof case for iPhone 4/4S?? This might seem like a stupid question but I've always wondered.:D

Last edited:

4GLTE lover

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2013
They only make lifeproof for iPhones.

Yes but...I mean would it be easy for you to tell if you didn't know that they didn't make them only for iPhone. Basically would you be able to tell it's an iPhone and not some knock off if you were to have no knowledge at all about Lifeproof cases??

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Yes but...I mean would it easy for you to tell if you didn't know that they didn't make them only for iPhone. Basically would you be able to tell it's an iPhone and not some knock off if you were to have no knowledge at all about Lifeproof cases??

So, basically, you're concerned that no one will know you have an iPhone...right?

You want to make sure other people know that you are...cool?...have money to spend on electronics?...are better than those poor dopes with a hunk of plastic hidden by their case?

Forgive me if I have misjudged...if I have, would you mind telling us why you care whether the phone can be seen in the case?:confused:

4GLTE lover

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2013
So, basically, you're concerned that no one will know you have an iPhone...right?

You want to make sure other people know that you are...cool?...have money to spend on electronics?...are better than those poor dopes with a hunk of plastic hidden by their case?

Forgive me if I have misjudged...if I have, would you mind telling us why you care whether the phone can be seen in the case?:confused:

I just like to show my phone off, I also don't want people to think I have some junk phone. I am proud of my phone. :cool:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I just like to show my phone off, I also don't want people to think I have some junk phone. I am proud of my phone. :cool:

You're proud that you had the funds necessary to buy someone else's creation.

I would suggest that one might be proud of their own achievement, not the ability to spend money to buy something.

Please, think about what you are saying...be proud of getting good grades, because you worked for them. Be proud of helping someone by your own efforts. Be proud of you own achievements...not some piece of stuff you bought.

Think about it....:D

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
Is it possible to you to tell that there is an iPhone and not some plastic piece of junk phone inside the Lifeproof case for iPhone 4/4S?? This might seem like a stupid question but I've always wondered.:D

Another silly post. Proud of your family, your country perhaps, but a phone ? Now I have heard it all. :confused: :eek: Yes, OP. Its a stupid question as you mention

HCO

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2011
Memphis,Tenneessee

lmfao i was thinking the same exact thing.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
The 4S looks like the 4. Any bum can afford the 4. If you're worried people won't be able to see you have a phone that any bum can afford, get another phone

You're embarrassing.

BoostDeuce

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2013
How do you show off a cell phone that is possibly the most popular cell phone, ever?
You can't show off an iphone because the guy you show it off to probably has one in his pocket.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
I simply don't understand these kinda stupid threads we have these days. Can we move this thread and others such as: shall I get a white or a black iphone, and scratched iphone 5 bezel threads to wasteland please mods?

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
I'm proud of my silverware. It's really high end. I tape them to my clothes so people can see them everywhere I go. Basically, I spoon and fork all the time.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011

Feel like I'm back in 7th Grade when waving around what were playfully named iTouches were all the rage as iPhones were to expensive at the time where I lived.

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
Feel like I'm back in 7th Grade when waving around what were playfully named iTouches were all the rage as iPhones were to expensive at the time where I lived.

Damn you make me feel old! The iPod touch didnt come out till 4 years after i graduated highschool :-(

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
My lifeproof case is so beat up in combination with its relatively small screen it looks pretty cheap. That said, those in the know will know its an iPhone.

I do care what others think about my phone and here is why.

I do some charity work in some shady places. One, I don't want less fortunate people thinking I'm "showing off". Two, I don't want to be mugged at gun point for a stupid phone.

People less fortunate then me can constantly worry about money, rightfully so. Last thing I want to do is remind someone that I may have more of it then them.

Showing off material processions is pretty petty. Show off a girlfriend/wife, kids, even a career you worked hard to obtain. Not a relatively inexpensive gadget (on contract). Who doesn't have an iPhone (or other nice phone) anymore anyway beside those that don't want/need one or those that literally can't afford one? That's just showing off to people that don't care or those in poverty.

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Canada

Yes, there is a little window on the back showing the Apple logo.

----------

Proud of your phone? It's an iPhone 4, it's outdated and old. Even if you had the 5, I bet it would be 16GB on contract. My 64GB iPod touch 5 costs way more than any iPhone on contract. The iPhone is not something to show off, I don't even show off my $3500 MBPr. (Ok I know it sounded like I was right there but I had to get the point across)

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Yes, there is a little window on the back showing the Apple logo.

----------

Proud of your phone? It's an iPhone 4, it's outdated and old. Even if you had the 5, I bet it would be 16GB on contract. My 64GB iPod touch 5 costs way more than any iPhone on contract. The iPhone is not something to show off, I don't even show off my $3500 MBPr. (Ok I know it sounded like I was right there but I had to get the point across)

4/4S model Lifeproof doesn't have a window in the back. Or at least the 1/2 gen models. I haven't looked into the latest. That's one of my favorite things about the case. The mirror apple on the back is way to flashy, for me anyway.

3rd Rock

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
Over here
Just walk down the street yelling out "I have an iPhone. Its better than what you have. If you don't believe me, come over, and I'll show you".

Oh, ya, I'm still living with my parents who paid for it :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.