Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Sep 30, 2013, 06:51 PM   #476
kallisti
macrumors 6502a

Rome at night. Pity it's the end of the month.

Last edited by kallisti; Sep 30, 2013 at 07:04 PM.
kallisti is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 06:09 AM   #477
Cheese&Apple
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
Bulk comment on a wonderful shot.

First thing I thought: Great shot! Second thought: That horizon line and the chairs.

Solution, in my mind, is simple. Just crouch down (or take a step closer, depending on which is easier). Same composition, have the chair backs breaking the horizon somewhere in the middle of the chair's back (as opposed to the very top). I think that's really all it needed. I think the red breaking the blue is nice. The only issue here is that it's breaking it almost level (top of chair line and horizon) where it might be a more impactful intersection if it were slapped in the middle of that red.

Hopefully that made sense.
Thanks Puckman and it does make sense. You're right that the line of the horizon is just too close to the top of the chair backs. I think one third of the way down would get it right.

Unfortunately, there is no opportunity for a redo right now – this was taken on vacation a very long way from home. Next time…
Cheese&Apple is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography