Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kase17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2011
Is anybody getting lower volume in ios7? Specially in music player, on speaker or headphones.

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
Is anybody getting lower volume in ios7? Specially in music player, on speaker or headphones.

YES.

I dropped my left EarPod in water just as I was upgrading to iOS 7, and when I plugged them in I noticed both of them were quieter. I thought at first the water had damaged both the buds, but I realized that other headphones were quieter as well. I plugged my EarPods into my computer, and while the left one had less bass, both were at the correct volume.

You can still just turn the volume up more on iOS 7. Also, this doesn't effect speaker output for me.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012

Haven't tried headphones, but Music player does seem a fraction lower through the speaker.

I noticed as I went to turn it up a little only to find it was already at full volume.

Kiahrm

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2013
I updated to iOS 7 two days ago and my volume is RIDICULOUSLY low.. My partner also updated and his volume is fine.. I checked all of his settings compared to mine and they are same yet my volume is super low .. Is anyone else experiencing this ?

On the volume bar full ball sounds like half and half there is no sound at all..

I have tried everything I know of, still no positive results..

andy769

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
I have noticed my rigtones and text tones are quieter as well ever since upgrading to ios7. Very weird.

Smooj

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2013

ios 7 on a 4s..... playing music through headphones or speaker is DEFINITELY WAY QUIETER than before, just tested it against 2 other 4s's with the old operating system using numerous headphones and the other 2 blew it away.

anyone know a fix?

shishi4

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2012
ios 7 on a 4s..... playing music through headphones or speaker is DEFINITELY WAY QUIETER than before, just tested it against 2 other 4s's with the old operating system using numerous headphones and the other 2 blew it away.

anyone know a fix?

I went to setting, music, and then volume limit

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
YES.

I dropped my left EarPod in water just as I was upgrading to iOS 7, and when I plugged them in I noticed both of them were quieter.

I hope you let it dry before plugging it in :eek: I've dropped mine into water multiple times and they work just as well after drying.

Smooj

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2013
I updated to iOS 7 two days ago and my volume is RIDICULOUSLY low.. My partner also updated and his volume is fine.. I checked all of his settings compared to mine and they are same yet my volume is super low .. Is anyone else experiencing this ?

On the volume bar full ball sounds like half and half there is no sound at all..

I have tried everything I know of, still no positive results..

Same, this is a joke, other than settings>music>volume limit off which I already did what else are people trying to solve this?...I gotta get my loud music back...anyone out there who can help?

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
Volumefor iOS 7 is same as 6.

The betas were a lot quieter but this was acknowledged and corrected for final release.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I finally moved to iOS 7 on my mini and I immediately noticed there was a lot less volume when playing music through the internal speakers. Just did it today and I'm on 7.0.3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.