Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tinarella

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2013
Help! I take notes in class and use bullet points with different levels, however sometimes randomly all the bullet points would align up so all my levels disappear. How do I fix this?

It seems to be set off when I switch between italics/bold (ie when I press command+I or command+B) and when I use spell check....

I use Microsoft word 2011, on a Macbook air running the latest iSO.

Thanks in advanced!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Hi there,

What do you mean by levels exactly ? Could you post a screenshot / grab (use grab tool - type grab into spotlight if you dont know where to find it),

And i'll see if I can replicate your issue and if there are anything we can do to solve it :)

Thanks

MRU

Tinarella

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2013
Thanks for your help! I just took screenshots of before and after:

This is what I typed and how I want the bullet points to be:
Untitled2.jpg

However, when I hit some magic buttons, all the text in the documents becomes this:
Untitled3.jpg

melodrake

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2013
Australia
I also have dealt with this constantly (mac word 2011). The only thing I've found to deal with it is, when changing font properties (like bold, colour etc.) and all bullet points suddenly realign to the first indentation, to immediately hit control+z. It's extremely irritating, and I've resorted to not using bullet points past the 1st indentation now just in case it happens. It someone has any solutions, that would be great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.