Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Anyone tried both?

Just wondering how the two compare and if the Tones adds more or less bulk?

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
Anyone tried both?

Just wondering how the two compare and if the Tones adds more or less bulk?

I have both but I'm actually using the Poetic Atmosphere knockoff I found on eBay. I like the look of the Tones case a little better than the Frequency but the Frequency feels a little better. The tones may be slightly thinner but not by much. The Poetic case kills both of them in looks and feel. I have the black diztronic case coming from Amazon now so I might use it some along with the Poetic. The only problem with the Poetic is that it’s extremely hard to get off the phone but its by far the best case I’ve used on the 5 and well worth the 7.99 I paid for it. I can take a picture of the Tones and Frequency case side by side tonight so you can see them together if you want. I don't have 2 iPhone 5s so I will just leave them both empty.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
Ok I got a chance to take some pics. I can only upload 1 at a time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 124

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
Another one. The speakers line up better with the tones case.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110

floss

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2009
Between those 3 cases the Tones wins in the looks department for sure.

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
How tactile are the buttons (especially the power button) on the Incipio Frequency?

I love how easy to press the buttons are on my Speck Candyshells. Are they as easy to press as those?

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
How tactile are the buttons (especially the power button) on the Incipio Frequency?

I love how easy to press the buttons are on my Speck Candyshells. Are they as easy to press as those?

The power button is a little hard to press at first on the frequency. It has gotten better with use. The volume buttons work great. If I had to rank them the Atmosphere would be 1st and then the Tones 2nd and the Frequency 3rd. I have never used a Speck case so I can't compare them.

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Don't understand all the love for the atmosphere, those corner bits are so goofy IMO.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Don't understand all the love for the atmosphere, those corner bits are so goofy IMO.

I totally agree with you - not digging the corner seams or decorations or whatever they are. Not sure what they add to the case but definitely doesn't help with aesthetics.

floss

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2009
Yep, also not a fan of the Poetic Atmosphere...looks like a cheap toy that's winnable via Chuck E Cheese tickets.

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
I totally agree with you - not digging the corner seams or decorations or whatever they are. Not sure what they add to the case but definitely doesn't help with aesthetics.

Yeah, they completely clash with the aesthetic of the iPhone 5 and look so wrong. Nasty looking case, but some people around here rave on about it.

jpcortese

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
Naperville Illinois
I've got the Incipio Frequency and like it a lot. I had the Pixelskin Hd on my Iphone 4 and the the Frequency is pretty darn close. Fits real well (tight with no sloppiness) but is easy to get off and on. The buttons feel nice and the cutouts match well. I got mine at Walmart for $19.00. I would recommend if you like the Pixelskin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.