Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alucardx03

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
Hey guys. Just picked up a Magic Trackpad, and it's pretty good so far. My one problem is right clicks. Even though I enabled it in the preferences menu, pressing down on the bottom-right portion of the trackpad registers very rarely-- maybe 3 out of 10 times. I'm not a big fan of the "two finger secondary click" either, so that's not a legitimate solution for me. Do I have a faulty trackpad?

911scanner

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2011
I was having a similar problem. I found that if I press very near to the very corner bottom right edge, I have less of a problem with the right-click.

If you look at the bottom of the trackpad, you'll notice the small white rubber encapsulated "bumps", That is actually where the trackpad "clicks", so if you get close to the bump on top, it will always work.

I think the right hand "clicker" may be less sensitive than the left one. No scientific proof, just my real world observations. Hope this helps.

MM

999cameron

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2012
England
I was having a similar problem. I found that if I press very near to the very corner bottom right edge, I have less of a problem with the right-click.

If you look at the bottom of the trackpad, you'll notice the small white rubber encapsulated "bumps", That is actually where the trackpad "clicks", so if you get close to the bump on top, it will always work.

I think the right hand "clicker" may be less sensitive than the left one. No scientific proof, just my real world observations. Hope this helps.

MM

I got one with my new imac, and I was just checking if any body had the same problem. It is annoying, and I quite often left click when I want to right click! :mad: I agree with your thought, that the left must be a little more sensitive, unless a lot of them are faulty!

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2009
Slovenia, EU
I realise you've said that you're not a big fan of two finger secondary click, but I would still propose to give it a try. It is a very often used feature and taping the trackpad (NOT clicking - enable tap to click in settings) with two fingers is very easy.

I use the corners (click or tap) for other, less used functions. I noticed, that corner clicks can be hit-and-miss, while corner taps are more consistent.

Try installing the BTT (better touch tool) and playing with the settings.

These are my settings, if you need ideas:

JpfCn.png

EZ9po.png

U0nvI.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.