Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vigorito

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Whatever i do im getting failed message,im using verizon iphone 5 on simple mobile network (verizon iphone 5 comes unlocked for gsm) its on ios 6.1, 3g works perfect,hotspot working perfect, regular email client work perfect but i cant setup microsoft exchange, i just came from android and i have 220 contacts in gmail account and thats why i need exchange option, username,email, server and all info for setting up exchange are correct, i also try to reboot,reset iphone etc and now at this time i can pass verifing info screen and saved account and i can choose what to sync and after few sec i got a message incorect password im trying to that over 3g also i tried on wi fi its a same, i tried to do the same thing on ipad mini wi fi version same, also iphone on 6.0.2 presenting the same error

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Google around, gmail exchange is no longer supported on ios on new devices as of a few days ago, search cardDAV for your contacts

phobos512

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2012
USA
To be clear, this issue is not specific to iOS devices.

Google has officially ceased support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync services for any new device, which is how most folks have used Google services (Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Contacts) to date.

http://googleblog.blogspot.ca/2012/12/winter-cleaning.html#!/2012/12/winter-cleaning.html

In order to use Gmail on your device, you have a few options. The biggest are, use the Gmail option in the default Mail app (i.e. setup through Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars >> Add Account... >> Gmail) which doesn't support Push notifications, or use the Gmail app (which DOES support Push notifications).

For Contacts, go to Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars >> Other >> Add CardDAV Account, enter your user info, server is google.com, and you're good to go.

For Calendar, go to Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars >> Other >> Add CalDAV Account, enter your user info, server is also google.com, and once again, you're good to go.

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
You can upgrade your Gmail account to a business account and still use exchange. I think it is $5 per month for 1 email address.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.