Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morgan Mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Generally speaking, where do you find the controller-support file in your game contents folder?

You know, the file that assigns when a button on a gamepad is pressed, what button on the keyboard it is assigned to?

Some of the control commands are wrong in some of my games, and they cannot' be edited in the options menu. So this is the only other option. Finding them where the data is contained.

Last edited:

Jethryn Freyman

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2007
Australia
k, a few examples from my computer...

~/Library/Application Support/Doom 3/base/DoomConfig.cfg
~/Library/Application Support/Unreal Tournament 2004/System/UT2004.ini
~/Library/Application Support/Unreal Tournament 2004/System/User.ini
/Applications/Quake/id1/config.cfg
/Applications/Unreal Tournament/UnrealTournament.ini
/Applications/Unreal Tournament/User.ini
/Applications/Unreal Tournament GOTY.app/System/UnrealTournament.ini

Morgan Mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
I understand it is often located in the App Support + App folders. But not in this case. I'm playing the GTA trilogy, and none of the three games have an additional folder. There is just the app itself - so the only place to look is package contents.

widf4vw.png

But there are 1,939 items. How do I do a specific finder search for [.ini] and [.cfg] files located only in these folders?

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
If you got it from Steam, it is possible the files you are looking for are located in ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam Apps/common/

Jethryn Freyman

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2007
Australia
I understand it is often located in the App Support + App folders. But not in this case. I'm playing the GTA trilogy, and none of the three games have an additional folder. There is just the app itself - so the only place to look is package contents.

But there are 1,939 items. How do I do a specific finder search for [.ini] and [.cfg] files located only in these folders?
You might need to bust out the Terminal's "find" command. Something like:
Code:
find / -name *.ini -print
That should find anything on your computer with a file extension of .ini. I also *think* that the terminal
Code:
find
command by default searches inside folders and for invisible stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.