Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
I have a Netgear DGN2200v3 and of late it has starting initiating disconnects out to line then reconnects.

What would cause it to do this, Or is it just a rubbish router ?

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
So I assume nobody can assist with this problem.

I had two disconnects last which my ISP say were initiated by the router and show as "User-Request".

Any assistance would be good.

tibas92013

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2013
Costa Rica
So I assume nobody can assist with this problem.

I had two disconnects last which my ISP say were initiated by the router and show as "User-Request".

Any assistance would be good.

I recently had the same problem setting-up my Refurbished Apple Express. So, I called AppleCare who recommended that I hit the Reset Button and Reconfigure the AE. The Applecare Worker walked-me through the entire reconfiguration(about 45 minutes) and it is now working like a charm.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
I recently had the same problem setting-up my Refurbished Apple Express. So, I called AppleCare who recommended that I hit the Reset Button and Reconfigure the AE. The Applecare Worker walked-me through the entire reconfiguration(about 45 minutes) and it is now working like a charm.

That was going to be my next move, at the moment I have placed it on its Vertical mount and fingers crossed yesterday I never got a discon. I did that because I read that some routers when used there horizontal position can overheat and cause things like these discons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.