Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Androidfan1x

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
Just applied a screen protector and look great but I just read a review on amazon someone said there is a "screen protector" already on the screen (I think he means the plastic film that most devices these days come with). He said he applied the screen protector he bought (which is the one I bought) on the plastic film and he ended up have both his screen protector and the plastic film pulled off

http://www.amazon.com/review/RW51IW...e=UTF8&ASIN=B008XV7VTG&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

and somehow I feel like there's a plastic film on my screen too, but it's pretty much impossible to peel it off?
And my screen protector sticks pretty well. So does it really have a plastic film already or not? Should I be worried?

(my device is ipod touch 5g)

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
The 5th gen has a coating on the screen to make it resistant (not immune) to fingerprints. I have never heard of a screen protector coming off and pulling the coating off with it. It almost sounds like the person used a substance on the screen that he shouldn't have (acetone, etc).

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
Just applied a screen protector and look great but I just read a review on amazon someone said there is a "screen protector" already on the screen (I think he means the plastic film that most devices these days come with). He said he applied the screen protector he bought (which is the one I bought) on the plastic film and he ended up have both his screen protector and the plastic film pulled off

http://www.amazon.com/review/RW51IW...e=UTF8&ASIN=B008XV7VTG&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

and somehow I feel like there's a plastic film on my screen too, but it's pretty much impossible to peel it off?
And my screen protector sticks pretty well. So does it really have a plastic film already or not? Should I be worried?

(my device is ipod touch 5g)

There's no film attached to the screen that needs to be removed before use.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
As same as all Ipod touch gen, there is a piece of plastic cover printed picture of the ipod touch home screen. There shouldn't be any pre-installed screen protector on the device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.