Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcgolfer85

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
My ipad gets most of my attention. I always thought it was due to my laziness. It's just easier.

Europa13

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
Do you guys find this happening to you? In my household, we have multiple tablets and multiple computers. But yet, I find myself using my iPhone the most even when at home. It's almost like it takes extra effort to use those other devices when my iPhone is always nearby.

Not entirely sure how to feel about this - I can't be the only one out there.
Yep. I have a 27" iMac and an iPad mini, but I still find myself using my iPhone 5 more often than them when I'm at home.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I'm definitely a PC person, whether it's my desktop or my MBP. I own an iPhone and a tablet but I'll always use one of my PCs whenever it's practical to do so; I find the iPhone too small for anything serious, and my tablet is very slow.

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
Nah, I need a PC for Web browsing more than just a minute or 2 here or there is inconvenient on a phone.

I have to have a PC, so I hit the 27" imac

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2008
I do the same. Admittedly out of laziness. If I get the ipad mini 2 eventually I see that as being my go to. Also out of laziness - but with a slightly larger screen.

MacLappy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2011
Singapore
I feel exactly the same OP, do most of my surfing from the iPhone too. Although my MacBook Air do get some usage too. If I had to do a weekly breakdown on my usage, it would look something like this. 60% iPhone, 39% MacBook Air and 1% iPad.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Yeah when my gf doesn't come over and I have my MacBook Pro sitting right next to me in bed sometimes I find myself picking up my iPhone to browse for some reason.

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
Did you just get it recently? I'm thinking new toy syndrome.

Had it since launch, so no. I think it's just the convenience factor. I never whip out the laptop unless I really need to. And the iPad is sitting in my bag. It's nice for long periods of reading and watching movies. But everything else is done on my iPhone these days. Weird.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I prefer using my MBP or iMac for internet at home. The iPhone screen is too small to use on a regular basis.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I pretty much exclusively use my iPhone to browse the web when I'm at home lying on the couch. The only time I will use my MBP is if I'm on the couch editing photos and it's easier to just pull up Safari rather than reach for my phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.