Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gaddster

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
liverpool, england
New 27" i7, 8gb ram, 1TB fusion, 680mx arrived last night.

Guys, YOU WILL NOT BE disappointed... wow!

I dont play games, but I do use FCPX, Premier pro, Photoshop etc and this thing flies. The larger screen (i had the 21.5") is great.

I seemed to take forever but I thought I would share my order 'trail' so some of you can map out how it arrives..

1. Ordered Thur 24th Jan, expected 22-27th feb
2. Processing (stayed this way till the 13th Feb, stay patient)
3. Preparing on the 13th feb
4. Shipped on the 14th and recieved text and email saying shipped.
(apple didnt update my order status till the day it arrived!!)
5. goto http://www.expeditors.com and enter the 'Our Delivery Reference Number' on your 'track shipment page from apple. This will track your shipment until it gets to the couriers
6. Woke up on the 19th feb and my 'Shipping status' said out for delivery!
7. ARRIVED ahead of schedule

NB mine was bundled with a superdrive, thunderbolt to firewire.

yUnoNinja

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2013
PDX
Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wont get mine till March 14-21. I ordered my new iMac on Feb. 19. I'm updating from a 2005 iMac 17in, to a iMac 27in 3.4 i7, 1T fusion drive. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamboy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
Congratulations!!!

I've just ordered exactly the same configuration, even with the SuperDrive and mine was shipped yesterdar.

But delivery date is for March 1st. I can't understand how can it take 9 days for shipping. I hope it arrives sooner...

gaddster

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
liverpool, england
The only think I will be changing is adding 32gb of crucial ram really.

I got so excited ordering this I chose a magic mouse and a trackpad!! havent worked out how I am going to utilise it yet tho.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
New 27" i7, 8gb ram, 1TB fusion, 680mx arrived last night.

Guys, YOU WILL NOT BE disappointed... wow!

I dont play games, but I do use FCPX, Premier pro, Photoshop etc and this thing flies. The larger screen (i had the 21.5") is great.

I seemed to take forever but I thought I would share my order 'trail' so some of you can map out how it arrives..

1. Ordered Thur 24th Jan, expected 22-27th feb
2. Processing (stayed this way till the 13th Feb, stay patient)
3. Preparing on the 13th feb
4. Shipped on the 14th and recieved text and email saying shipped.
(apple didnt update my order status till the day it arrived!!)
5. goto http://www.expeditors.com and enter the 'Our Delivery Reference Number' on your 'track shipment page from apple. This will track your shipment until it gets to the couriers
6. Woke up on the 19th feb and my 'Shipping status' said out for delivery!
7. ARRIVED ahead of schedule

NB mine was bundled with a superdrive, thunderbolt to firewire.
Pics :)))
Can't wait for mine!

gaddster

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
liverpool, england
its 'purrrrring' away at present then it growls when i open PS, FCPX etc :D

Attachments

• IMG_3109.JPG
    IMG_3109.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 87

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States

Excellent!! Looks stunning. :). Word of advice, stay away from here or at least ignore the posts that suggest that you should look for screen issues, sound issues and other problems because misery loves company and some people will drag you into that direction. It will just drive you crazy and put a damper on your experience. If you're enjoying it and you don't experience any issues then keep walking forward and don't look back. :)

gaddster

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
liverpool, england
Excellent!! Looks stunning. :). Word of advice, stay away from here or at least ignore the posts that suggest that you should look for screen issues, sound issues and other problems because misery loves company and some people will drag you into that direction. It will just drive you crazy and put a damper on your experience. If you're enjoying it and you don't experience any issues then keep walking forward and don't look back. :)

Yeah it did make me wonder if I should cancel BUT it was a good heads up on all the points raised with the first batch of iMacs, not seen any of them yet, its perfect ..;)

itsamacthing

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2011
Bangkok
No need to cancel, most of these iMacs are fantastic. I love mine... but my rep at Apple didn't like the Image Retention and sent me a replacement. I wouldn't ignore that if you notice it during normal use. Hopefully you don't see it.

pete78

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2011

Looking nice. Unfortunately, mine has a permanent prohibitory sign with grey screen; Fusion Drive died within 2 weeks. Currently without a computer; no idea when I am getting a replacement.

Whackintosh

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Looking nice. Unfortunately, mine has a permanent prohibitory sign with grey screen; Fusion Drive died within 2 weeks. Currently without a computer; no idea when I am getting a replacement.

Your fusion drive died within two weeks? Did Apple venture a guess as to why this happened? Pretty scary to hear!

pete78

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2011
Your fusion drive died within two weeks? Did Apple venture a guess as to why this happened? Pretty scary to hear!

They had no clue. Just, "this unfortunately happens from time to time with hard drives, and we apologize that it has happened to you". No idea when replacement is coming; but I'm pretty scared of Fusion Drives now. BTW, if you look around, some folks have reported similar Fusion Drive failures. I'm sure it's still a small percentage of Fusion Drive owners, but if you're impacted, you don't care about "percentages".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.