Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

If you could only have one, which iPad would you have?

• Full size

Votes: 76 52.1%
  • Mini

Votes: 54 37.0%
  • I really don't know

Votes: 16 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nebrie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2002
Swapped my full-size for a mini due to the weight and can't wait to switch back. The difference in screen real estate is just too great. The full size iPad feels like a lightweight computing device whereas the mini feels more like a 7" iPhone which surprisingly is not enough of a difference to make me stop using the iPhone 5 and pull out the mini most of the time.

chiffchaff

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2012
Western US
I've had a 3 since they came out and bought a mini last winter to compare them. I figured I would use both for a while then sell whichever one sat idle the most. The mini is really fun and portable but after the first week I found myself choosing the 3 more often. Purely a matter of fitting my use patterns better - I do a lot of work related stuff on my iPad and prefer the bigger screen for taking notes, reviewing/editing docs, browsing text heavy web sites etc. Even the things that I enjoyed doing on the mini (games and ebooks) I could do just as happily on the 3. The size/weight difference doesn't stop me from taking the 3 pretty much everywhere. If I need to travel really light I rely on my phone instead.

So full size for me. And when the smaller, lighter 5th gen comes out I'll have the best of both worlds. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.