Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
And because of what ?

I got a replacement for the rattling sound below power button.

It could take up to 2 months to get a 32white tho.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
I got a weekend launch iPhone 5 that had a defective earpiece. I got a replacement overnight from Apple and all is well.

On a side note, there must have been other issues with the faulty iPhone because when I would switch to vibrate in a quiet room it would REALLY BUZZ. My new iPhone is perfect.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I got a weekend launch iPhone 5 that had a defective earpiece. I got a replacement overnight from Apple and all is well.

On a side note, there must have been other issues with the faulty iPhone because when I would switch to vibrate in a quiet room it would REALLY BUZZ. My new iPhone is perfect.
Damn that's fast. I suppose you live in Colorado? Resellers are slow... It's sick - 2 months ??

Haynzee

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
I got a replacement because my iPhone 5 Black came scratched. Taken 1 week for replacement. Also I noticed the colours on the replacement one are a lot less yellow!

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I got a replacement because my iPhone 5 Black came scratched. Taken 1 week for replacement. Also I noticed the colours on the replacement one are a lot less yellow!
Yellow?

Well they had a 16 white in stock but that didn't help me

tpf7118

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
Wifi problem replacement

Replaced due to problems with wifi. Genius checked and really couldn't find anything wrong but decided to replace because that was his only option. Gave me the new phone out of a plain box that had has the same serial/IMEI numbers. Bought from ATT "device only" and new phone was unlocked as well. Genius said because defective phone was without contract the new phone would be unlocked. Did not have to go through the unlocking process with ATT on the second go round.

The new phone has no wifi problems so far.

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
Original white 16GB replaced due to a horrible battery.

Replacement replaced (same day) do to a big glob of melted anodized metal on the apple logo

3rd phone - perfect.

ncruzpr

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2010
I got a replacement because the phone had anthena issues and wasn't getting LTE speeds.

Alag28

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2006
i had to replace mine due to defective speaker...took a month to get my new one in

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Got 2 replacements, no issues with it being out of stock.

3rd one is a charm though! Knock on wood

II BISTRO II

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Original one had a screen that clicked in the corner.. Walked into the Apple Store and had it excanged but the replacement had a nick in the bezel.. Asked the genius to get me another one.. So 3rd one, however this one isint perfect either, the front facing camera is a little off center and there's a discoloration of the anodized aluminum on the bezel

It's just a phone.. It works fine and I'm done exchanging them

cfcboy

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
First phone replaced for clicking screen. Going in on Saturday to try and grovel for replacement of top of the phone water damage (though im expecting, and probably right, a charge)

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
Bought 4 iPhone 5s. 3 were perfect and only one had to be replaced. Whenever I would call someone there would be a lot of static and the volume was very low and it also had a broken volume button. The replacement has no issues.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
replaced because apparently my phone was just a crash o holic. Froze in the middle of a restore and the genius was like "**** it whatever I'm just gonna replace it"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.