Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gagaliya

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
can someone suggest a good quality lightning dock that can be fit a iphone5 and latest ipad, doesnt have to fit both at the same time just need to be able to dock either devices. Also need to dock them with their cover on (slim iphone cover and apple's ipad cover).

Doesnt matter if it's just a dock, or come with speakers, or how expensive it is.

I feel like i am asking for the holy grail here, dont understand why a good quality functioning lightning dock is so rare.. :confused:

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
I feel like i am asking for the holy grail here, dont understand why a good quality functioning lightning dock is so rare..
There aren't that many lightning docks to being with. Once you start piling on requirements you narrow down the options that will suit you. It's like that with any topic.

Clarify what you mean by "good". Don't just assume that your notion of good is universal. Provide some examples.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
can someone suggest a good quality lightning dock that can be fit a iphone5 and latest ipad, doesnt have to fit both at the same time just need to be able to dock either devices. Also need to dock them with their cover on (slim iphone cover and apple's ipad cover).
Fitting both won't be a problem, fitting them with a cover probably will be. I have a 30pin dock I use with my iPad2 and I have to take the snapshield off because it lifts it off the surface of the dock. So any dock that accounts for a cover is not going to hold a naked device stabley.

...Clarify what you mean by "good". Don't just assume that your notion of good is universal. Provide some examples.

I think its universal enough to exclude cheap-feeling plasticky docks and those with low-quality speakers.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I have one of these for my iphone, that will fit with a case but not an ipad. They seem to be out of stock ATM.

Edit: you have to select the brand of your case. I have the oversized model and it works just fine with a skinnier case.

http://made2dock.myshopify.com/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.