Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

helmutssss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
Hello everyone!

I'm getting the 2013 Macbook Air 13'' for Christmas.
I am a Youtube partner. I upload mostly Counter Strike videos. I know that Macbook Air can handle Counter Strike Global Offensive.

But... Will it be able to record CS: GO gameplay in 720p at 50-60 FPS?

I just don't see the point in buying this computer if it can't record gameplay for me.

Please, help me!

AXs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2009
personal opinion - you shouldn't buy an Air with the intent of gaming. Pro maybe?

helmutssss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
personal opinion - you shouldn't buy an Air with the intent of gaming. Pro maybe?

I'm not rich enough to afford the 15'' pro. Maybe I could look into 13'' pro if they refresh it. Or if they discontinue original pro's and make Retina's a bit cheaper.

AXs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2009
I believe that the 13" rMBP will come with Iris, a faster processor, and likely $100 off the base price (like they have done with all their 2013 products).

Including the $100 bump on the Air to get 8gb, you would be just $200 away from a rMBP!

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I'd agree...don't buy an Air with the intention of serious gaming...you would be way better off with a MBP....why not take a look at refurbished , models? You can get some great deals, and the machines are A1 all fully serviced and as new.

helmutssss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
I'd agree...don't buy an Air with the intention of serious gaming...you would be way better off with a MBP....why not take a look at refurbished , models? You can get some great deals, and the machines are A1 all fully serviced and as new.

I don't live in the US. I live in Latvia. It's in Europe. All Apple products are much more expensive outside US. And we don't have an Apple store, so there's no way I can get a refurbished model.

Also, if you're curious, 13'' Air costs $1600 here, and the 13'' Retina is $2000+

I might wait till the Spring then, because there is no way I can save up enough for a Retina till the xmas....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.