Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:02 PM   #1
AdonisSMU
macrumors 68000

LTE iPad minis in stores yet?

When do the LTE iPad minis hit the actual Apple Store.
AdonisSMU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:06 PM   #2
arom
macrumors regular

Friday 11/16 so go get in line!!!!
arom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:14 PM   #3
d0r1en0
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arom View Post
Friday 11/16 so go get in line!!!!
Confirmed?
d0r1en0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:20 PM   #4
Txjole
macrumors member

Yep lines are already forming, better go NOW!!!!!
Txjole is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:34 PM   #5
shenan1982
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0r1en0 View Post
Confirmed?
AT&T says yes. Friend at Apple told me they're not in-transit yet, which indicates 24-48 hours till in-stock. So unlikely Apple stores will have them tomorrow. A bit odd if Apple lets AT&T have them first tho.
shenan1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:43 PM   #6
d0r1en0
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenan1982 View Post
AT&T says yes. Friend at Apple told me they're not in-transit yet, which indicates 24-48 hours till in-stock. So unlikely Apple stores will have them tomorrow. A bit odd if Apple lets AT&T have them first tho.
That's weird. I'm in San Diego. Seems every retail store I've called wether its AT&T or apple gives me "we don't know when they will be on sale".

Funny they don't know when they can sell them but they are getting delivered to homes today. Apple is taking their sweat time with this announcement.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:47 PM   #7
tbayrgs
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0r1en0 View Post
That's weird. I'm in San Diego. Seems every retail store I've called wether its AT&T or apple gives me "we don't know when they will be on sale".

Funny they don't know when they can sell them but they are getting delivered to homes today. Apple is taking their sweat time with this announcement.
Yeah, called two large AT&T corporate stores nearby here in Tampa and both said nothing received today and won't know about tomorrow until daily shipment arrives via Fed Ex. Was at an Apple store earlier this week returning a wifi model--told the employee i had decided to go with an LTE model and he stated that they quite possibly would have them in the store end of this week. Fingers crossed that they're at either AT&T or Apple tomorrow before I leave town for the holiday but not holding my breath.
tbayrgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:49 PM   #8
d0r1en0
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbayrgs View Post
Yeah, called to large AT&T corporate stores nearby here in Tampa and both said nothing received today and won't know about tomorrow until daily shipment arrives via Fed Ex. Fingers crossed that they're at either AT&T or Apple tomorrow before I leave town but not holding my breath.
The thing that really makes it worse for me, is that this iPad isn't even for me. It's for the wife. She graduates from BCT next week, and will be checking into AIT for 4 weeks b4 I can move with her. No wifi in their barracks at the base shell be at. So I'm hoping to be able to bring her the 4th gen LTE model.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:51 PM   #9
shenan1982
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbayrgs View Post
Yeah, called two large AT&T corporate stores nearby here in Tampa and both said nothing received today and won't know about tomorrow until daily shipment arrives via Fed Ex. Was at an Apple store earlier this week returning a wifi model--told the employee i had decided to go with an LTE model and he stated that they quite possibly would have them in the store end of this week. Fingers crossed that they're at either AT&T or Apple tomorrow before I leave town for the holiday but not holding my breath.
According to my local ATT store (San Francisco) they have them and\or will have them at opening tomorrow for sale. They said they're only selling them with a new contract (same shady sh#$ ATT pulls with every new phone launch), but they said they don't know if Apple will have them (obviously they don't know), but suggested trying Apple if I don't want to sign a 2 year contract. ATT is so sleazy with their retail practices.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:08 PM   #10
djransom
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenan1982 View Post
According to my local ATT store (San Francisco) they have them and\or will have them at opening tomorrow for sale. They said they're only selling them with a new contract (same shady sh#$ ATT pulls with every new phone launch), but they said they don't know if Apple will have them (obviously they don't know), but suggested trying Apple if I don't want to sign a 2 year contract. ATT is so sleazy with their retail practices.
I didn't even know that AT&T offers contracts on the iPads.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:11 PM   #11
shenan1982
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by djransom View Post
I didn't even know that AT&T offers contracts on the iPads.
I guess it's a new thing. Makes sense for them, especially to push people onto the new mobile share plans. If they allow tethering, and they give you $100 off to spend $240 over 2 years, they're still making $140 they wouldn't have otherwise made, and it's guaranteed since you're locked in. From an end user perspective it makes NO sense to do unless you plan to stay on your current iPad and setup for 2 years. From ATT's perspective, it's smart business. There are lots of people who live in areas where only ATT or only Verizon work, so for them to sign a contract it's not a big deal, they know they'll be with them for that time. For me I prefer to sign as little as possible to give me the flexibility to change carriers as desired. But I live in an area with 10+ different options (major, regional, pre, and post paid) to chose from.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad