Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poppers

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2013
You have clearly missed something off your data, I'm surprised, but I'll let this go:

Hardness Substance or mineral
0.2–0.3 caesium, rubidium
0.5–0.6 lithium, sodium, potassium
1 talc
1.5 gallium, strontium, indium, tin, barium, thallium, lead, graphite
2 hexagonal boron nitride,[10] calcium, selenium, cadmium, sulfur, tellurium, bismuth
2.5 to 3 magnesium, gold, silver, aluminium, zinc, lanthanum, cerium, Jet_(lignite) (lignite)
3 calcite, copper, arsenic, antimony, thorium, dentin
4 fluorite, iron, nickel
4 to 4.5 platinum, steel
5 apatite, cobalt, zirconium, palladium, tooth enamel, obsidian (volcanic glass)
5.5 beryllium, molybdenum, hafnium
6 orthoclase, titanium, manganese, germanium, niobium, rhodium, uranium
6 to 7 glass, fused quartz, iron pyrite, silicon, ruthenium, iridium, tantalum, opal
7 quartz, vanadium, osmium, rhenium
7.5 to 8 hardened steel, tungsten, emerald, spinel
8 topaz, cubic zirconia
8.5 chrysoberyl, chromium, silicon nitride
9-9.5 corundum, silicon carbide (carborundum), tungsten carbide, titanium carbide, stishovite
9.5–10 rhenium diboride, tantalum carbide, titanium diboride, boron nitride, boron [11][12][13]
10 diamond
>10 nanocrystalline diamond (hyperdiamond, ultrahard fullerite)
>11 Chuck Norris
>12 Me

Poppers :)

S

syd430

I'm not sad at all. So a couple of people are tsk tsking about my very helpful and informative post?

No. It's just a bit creepy how you copied a clearly personalized post word for word. Looks like you went out of your way to make people think you wrote it rather than just pasting the link.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
No. It's just a bit creepy how you copied a clearly personalized post word for word. Looks like you went out of your way to make people think you wrote it rather than just pasting the link.

Did you see how long that post was? How the heck could I not copy/paste?

Actually, saying "Uh guys, this was a post that I found on another site, which has also been copy/pasted countless times in other forums, and so here's the link" would have been going out of my way.

I just did the easiest thing and copy/pasted.

Doesn't look like I went out of my way to do anything, really.

I hope you feel the same way when you lie to your children about Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
No iPhone uses Gorilla Glass. 1 or 2. Th iPhone screen will crack when dropped at a certain height and force. The rumored iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 is rumored to contain Corning Gorilla glass.

Gorilla Glass is used on every iPhone.

It's a common misconception, because for certain reasons Apple doesn't openly acknowledge their relationship with Corning.

It’s well documented in the Jobs biography his early dealings with them when creating Gorilla Glass.

But if you look for it, there are clues dotted around.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/03/02/apple...ne-means-gorilla-glass-2-likely-for-iphone-5/

For example.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.