Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
I run my own vbulletin forum, which incidentally runs the same version as this one. There are not many mobile themes for such an old version of vb (can only find two actually, and neither work/look great).

The MR mobile is incredible....was it custom designed or is it downloadable from somewhere on the internet?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Yes, it was a custom design, but I'm blanking on the name of the company that did it for us. arn would obviously know.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
Yes, it was a custom design, but I'm blanking on the name of the company that did it for us. arn would obviously know.

Thanks for the response - I pm'd arn, hope I get a reply.The thought of upgrading to vb4/5 makes me shudder.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Thanks for the response - I pm'd arn, hope I get a reply.The thought of upgrading to vb4/5 makes me shudder.

Go with xenforo :) the legal case is on the verge of being wrapped up in xenforos factor. V. Is the most unstable option right now. Even wikimedia are sueing them (Internet brands) now! :eek:

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
Go with xenforo :) the legal case is on the verge of being wrapped up in xenforos factor. V. Is the most unstable option right now. Even wikimedia are sueing them (Internet brands) now! :eek:

We've been wanting Xenforo for a while now and were waiting to see where the legal case went. Only thing is our forum is extensively modified and we're not sure were ready to move over just yet just for a mobile template.

vBulletin 3.8 is like the Windows XP of the forum world. Tried and true but it's showing its age.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.