Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToyGun1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
Hello, Guys
Just recieved my dispatched email for my BRAND NEW second iphone 5 16gb white. (UK) Everytime I tried to enter my serial number into the support profile. keeps on saying according to our records, this serial number is registered to another Apple ID.
I just hope apple are not repackaging used items and selling them brand new.

https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do?locale=en_GB

Last edited:

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Around the two-month mark is generally when refurbs start finding their way into the white box as replacement iPhones. It means they've remanufactured it with a new case, screen, battery and the like. The innards should be the only thing they're reusing.

ToyGun1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
They don't send retail box iPhones for replacements. If you're getting your second iPhone 5, it's most likely a white box, which may or may not be a refurb.

Just recieved the brand new sealed phone this morning. It was indeed used someone else apple id was already log in. Well just requested a refund.:mad:

foobi

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
If it comes in a sealed official box then it is 100% new from factory. (china)
If it comes in a white small box then it refurbed from the stock-factory. (Netherlands)

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
If you have gotten a whitebox within a month after release it is not a refurb, it is a brand new phone set aside for people who have legit issues or the anal retentive people.

ToyGun1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
If it comes in a sealed official box then it is 100% new from factory. (china)
If it comes in a white small box then it refurbed from the stock-factory. (Netherlands)

Nope my brand new ordered online didn't shipped from china (It was shipped from the uk warehouse). The week the phone build was week 30 (July). That why i was assume it was used most products I order of Apple online come directly shipped from china.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.