Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:19 PM   #1
k3ith
macrumors member

iPad Mini not connecting some Wifi networks

Wondering if anyone has had this issue? My iPad Mini was working fine then, out of nowhere, it stopped working at home and at the gym, but still works at work.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I go into apple and see if there's anyrthing they can do about it?

I haven't been really wanting to travel to apple and was hoping the problem would just fix itself, but everything I've read about or tried doing to fix my iPad hasn't worked.

Thanks in advance.
k3ith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:28 PM   #2
AmazonMan
macrumors newbie

i tried 4 different minis, 2 of which were recent models.. all had wifi issues (either disconnected often or poor signal where other ios devices worked fine)... I decided to wait a few months and try again or wait for the next iteration. :/ let me know if you find a solution.. apple knows about the problem and suggested that it was fixed with recent batches but my testing of two ipad minis recently from the apple store showed no improvement
AmazonMan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:54 PM   #3
outie2k
macrumors regular

My first mini had an issue where it works perfectly fine with 5Gz wifi networks but had range issue with 2.4Ghz networks. It would still work with 2.4 but I had to be literally next to the router.

If your work router is 5Ghz and your home or gym is 2.4, it might be the same issue. I got a new mini and it was all good.
outie2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:22 AM   #4
AmazonMan
macrumors newbie

did you try

the new ios update? let me know if that works
AmazonMan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:35 AM   #5
EMAN19
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3ith View Post
Wondering if anyone has had this issue? My iPad Mini was working fine then, out of nowhere, it stopped working at home and at the gym, but still works at work.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I go into apple and see if there's anyrthing they can do about it?

I haven't been really wanting to travel to apple and was hoping the problem would just fix itself, but everything I've read about or tried doing to fix my iPad hasn't worked.

Thanks in advance.
I experienced the same thing 3 weeks ago with my iPad mini. It was working on my home network just fine for a few days. Then one day it could no longer connect to my home network, meanwhile I had zero trouble connecting the iPad mini to other networks outside of my home. My home network wasn't the issue as I could also connect my iPhone and laptop to the home network.

I went through all kinds of trouble shooting steps with Apple Tech Support but no luck. I had to exchange my iPad mini.

I'm still puzzled till this day as to what went wrong. It made no sense at all...

iPad mini Wi-Fi 64GB White iPhone 4 16GB White iPod Nano 8GB Silver
EMAN19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:44 AM   #6
macking104
macrumors 6502

Have you tried resetting Network settings (Settings/ General/ Reset) or in WIFI hit Forget Network... just in case some setting got mucked up?
macking104 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:08 AM   #7
Pepsidude
macrumors newbie

Update your mini to iOS 6.0.2 and then login to your router and change your settings to wpa2 with aes encryption standard. I had the same problem with iPhone 5 and now it's flawless and speeds are faster...

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad