Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

View Poll Results: How often should a new iPhone be introduced?
Twice a year (every six months) 31 17.61%
About every nine months 20 11.36%
Once per year 104 59.09%
About every 18 months 21 11.93%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:02 PM   #76
irDigital0l
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafr View Post
Some minor spec upgrades? Dude...
Yea. faster chip, better camera, basic stuff. They didn't even have the new design.
The iPad 3 is clearly completely outdated and no longer works after this.
irDigital0l is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:36 PM   #77
hafr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by irDigital0l View Post
Yea. faster chip, better camera, basic stuff. They didn't even have the new design.
The iPad 3 is clearly completely outdated and no longer works after this.
I know you're trying to be funny with your last remark, but it just kind of falls short when you say the spec updates were minor and say what you said about the design not being changed.

You just keep on believing there is pretty much no difference between the 3 and the 4 due to lack of design change
hafr is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:51 PM   #78
irDigital0l
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafr View Post
I know you're trying to be funny with your last remark, but it just kind of falls short when you say the spec updates were minor and say what you said about the design not being changed.

You just keep on believing there is pretty much no difference between the 3 and the 4 due to lack of design change
I'm sorry, forgot that Apple did in fact completely change the design...by using a Lightning connector.

If this was the iPhone, it would have been basically a 'S' version. Faster chip, better camera, etc.

A6X chip
FaceTime HD camera
Lightning connector
Improved LTE and Wi-Fi

Did I miss anything?

iPad 2 to iPad 3 was the big jump. There's no reason for any ordinary person to upgrade their iPad 3 to the iPad 4. The differences aren't worth the money unless you just want the "latest and greatest". In fact basically every site that reviewed the iPad 4 (iMore, MacWorld, Wired, Gizmodo) (just did a quick Google search).
irDigital0l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:12 AM   #79
hafr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by irDigital0l View Post
I'm sorry, forgot that Apple did in fact completely change the design...by using a Lightning connector.
What are you on about? Have I even come close to saying they changed the design? What I'm saying the lack of change in design is not the least bit relevant.

Quote:
If this was the iPhone, it would have been basically a 'S' version. Faster chip, better camera, etc.

A6X chip
FaceTime HD camera
Lightning connector
Improved LTE and Wi-Fi

Did I miss anything?
It depends, are you still claiming these are "minor spec bumps"? Then yes, you're still missing the point.

But if you acknowledge the difference in having a chip that doubles the performance, the switch to an HD FaceTime camera and international 4G-support (instead of having to pay fines for false advertising), then no. But in that case, you've changed your opinion.

Quote:
iPad 2 to iPad 3 was the big jump.
Double the RAM and retina display. Performance wise, they're scoring about the same. The iPad 4 on the other hand absolutely crushes the 2 and 3 by scoring over twice as high in Geekbench (around 750 for both 2 and 3 vs. over 1700 for 4). It's fantastic that you're calling 2->3 a big jump and 3->4 a small spec bump... Or ironic. Whatever.
hafr is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone