Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joelk2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
Hello good people,

my wife is getting annoyed with something on the mac which i seem unable to find an answer too.

we know how to change the icon size when in finder so icon view you can actually see the picture without opening.

now when shes on facebook trying to add photos a finder like box appears and the icons are tiny so for example when shes trying to pick between say 4-5 photos all very similar "without writing down the filename" she cannot make the icons bigger to see the actual picture (like you can do in the real finder window)

does anyone here know a way?

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Which OS version? Which Safari version?

Without knowing anything else, I would probably:
1. Choose the Cover Flow view.
2. Click the green (+) circle at upper left of window to expand it.
3. Drag the "flow view" part of the window bigger, using the 2-short-lines dragger located below the scroller in the flow view.

That should result in some very large icons.

To quickly resize, click the green (+) circle again.

The Finder has the same views, so you can experiment in a Finder window, use the toolbar icon to select the view, move the "flow view" resizer, etc.

joelk2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
Hello. Thanks for the reply. I'm on the newest versions of them both and it does the same using google chrome.

I know about the cover flow part but when you cmd click to choose multiple photos you can't scroll through them aswell

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
First, please make a screen shot of exactly what's on-screen showing the "tiny icons". When I use "Open File..." in Safari, it shows icons as 64x64, which I wouldn't describe as "tiny", even when I'm not wearing my glasses. I need to see what you're seeing, because it may be something specific to Facebook. Here's how to take a screenshot and post it.

Second, I wouldn't try to organize pictures for upload directly in the browser's Open dialog. I'd do some preplanning, and label the pictures to upload with a color, using Finder. Then I'd change the view in the Open dialog to group by Label (use the Toolbar icon between the 4-view selector and the Current Folder popup), and automatically get the labeled pictures in a single group for easy selection.

Third, the QuickLook feature works in the Open dialog. Simply select a file or files and press the spacebar. You'll get a view showing all selected items. You can then cycle through them individually if you wish.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Try the keyboard shortcut Command-+, that is, hold down the Command key and the + key (even though the unshifted character is =)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.