Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:50 PM   #26
rhett7660
macrumors 604

So did you work out a work flow that works for you? I would be curious to see what you have come up?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:04 PM   #27
samiwas
macrumors 65816

I've been wanting to do this, but just haven't taken the time to come up with a system that works for me. Hopefully soon, though. I'd much rather be able to access any document like that in seconds rather than digging through a filing cabinet. Especially for receipts and crap when the end of the year comes up.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:17 PM   #28
CJS7070
macrumors 6502a

I own a ScanSnap myself - well worth the cost. I scan to Evernote - most of my scanned stuff are documents and notes, though.
CJS7070 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:26 AM   #29
Silverman23
macrumors newbie

Try the german product sceye

Haven't you heard of sceyeX? Its a document camera from germany.. you should check out the site at http://www.sceye.eu it's a little ex-y but the functionality and flexibility is great and you can use it for all sized documents and objects as it is not a feeder or flatbed. No maintenance costs as there are no moving parts. worth a look at least. and the mac software is really good.
Silverman23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:02 PM   #30
Huntn
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverman23 View Post
Haven't you heard of sceyeX? Its a document camera from germany.. you should check out the site at http://www.sceye.eu it's a little ex-y but the functionality and flexibility is great and you can use it for all sized documents and objects as it is not a feeder or flatbed. No maintenance costs as there are no moving parts. worth a look at least. and the mac software is really good.
Interesting. Is that price $500 euro for the basic version? Seems easy, but I'd want to see the results and it's twice as expensive as my ScanSnap which does both sides at once.

BTW, I've very happy with my scanner. No, I'm not paperless, but instead of having to dig through folders, having documents lost in the file cabinet, it's all electronic and it saves me on filing time cause the stuff I still keep just goes in a single pile in a storage cabinet by year. The idea is that unless unusual circumstances, I'll never have to dig for it.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 02:52 AM   #31
Silverman23
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
Interesting. Is that price $500 euro for the basic version? Seems easy, but I'd want to see the results and it's twice as expensive as my ScanSnap which does both sides at once.

BTW, I've very happy with my scanner. No, I'm not paperless, but instead of having to dig through folders, having documents lost in the file cabinet, it's all electronic and it saves me on filing time cause the stuff I still keep just goes in a single pile in a storage cabinet by year. The idea is that unless unusual circumstances, I'll never have to dig for it.
Yeah it is 500. I guess it comes down to what you need it for, the non-contact feature comes in handy if you are scanning stapled pages ect. They have a 30day money back return. But if the scansnap suits your requirements, great!
Silverman23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Tags
office, paperless, paperless office