Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrenMyster

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Hey

I'm trying to use a font that has many styles, light, light alt, bold, regular, regular alt etc.

I have all the font files in my font folder but for some reason in InDesign and photoshop only the regular font loads.

When I open the fonts in font book, they are all listed as regular. I think it's just picking up them as regular and just using the top font in the software.

Even weirder, if i delete all the font from the font folder, then add, say, only the light font to my font folder, this is the one that shows up in the software. But if i add more than one, only one font appears.

I have tried using font Studio to change the regular to light etc etc but it does nothing.

Please help!!!

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Problems of this sort are often associated with just one font. Is this a general problem with all such font families or is it specific to just one such font families? If the problem is specific to just one font family, then which font family is it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.