Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Nov 5, 2012, 08:40 PM   #26
Leet Apple
macrumors 6502a

Try taking it to the Apple store? if its still in warranty even if its not worth a try instead of the headache its giving you
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:02 AM   #27
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Sometimes Apple will replace out of warranty phones to satisfy the customer and sometimes they will offer a discount replacement rate.

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:48 AM   #28
bobbytallant
macrumors 6502

Hi - again the iphone has a custom back plate - not sure why the original owner decided to do this, looks awful IMO, it is like a transparent back plate - you can see the iphone's internals, battery etc.. I am quite sure this means the warranty is void, even eliminating the option for me to pay to have it replaced (which I probably would tbh). It is actually within the original 12 month period - until Feb 2013 actually.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 09:35 AM   #29
Ashin
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbytallant View Post
Hi - again the iphone has a custom back plate - not sure why the original owner decided to do this, looks awful IMO, it is like a transparent back plate - you can see the iphone's internals, battery etc.. I am quite sure this means the warranty is void, even eliminating the option for me to pay to have it replaced (which I probably would tbh). It is actually within the original 12 month period - until Feb 2013 actually.
I don't think so.

Just taking off the back does nothing... I took my iPhone back off out of curiosity, there is a void if removed tab over the battery though...

You could just buy a new backplate and swap it
Ashin is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks