Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk1wbw

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
So I've been itching to get some True Religion jeans or something like this. Anyone have these or something similar?

Are they worth it? How's the fit and style and quality of jeans like this?

Ice Dragon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Just from looking at their website, they kind of look like overly expensive hipster clothes. I am all for high quality stuff though I feel a good pair of jeans is maybe $50.

sk1wbw

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
I'm thinking the same thing, but I was just wondering if it was worth the price to spend more than 50 on a pair of jeans. Just ordered three pairs from Old Navy.

Vudoo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Dallas Metroplex
It depends on how they fit on you. I bought a pair of True Religion jeans and didn't like them. I prefer Seven for Mankind for luxury jeans. As for anything being worth it, that's up to you. If you can afford it, they fit right and are comfortable then they may be worth it.

Keep in mind that luxury jeans tend to wear out quicker if the denim is soft.

sk1wbw

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
It depends on how they fit on you. I bought a pair of True Religion jeans and didn't like them. I prefer Seven for Mankind for luxury jeans. As for anything being worth it, that's up to you. If you can afford it, they fit right and are comfortable then they may be worth it.

Keep in mind that luxury jeans tend to wear out quicker if the denim is soft.

What didn't fit right on the True Religions? I've seen the Seven's before, how they feel?

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
I'm a cheap-jean-buying kinda guy, but I really want a pair of Raleigh Denim jeans. They're EXTREMELY expensive. I don't own a pair because I can't justify it. But I really want them. Handcrafted in NC. Über durable. You're not even supposed to wash them for a year! When I hit the lottery...

Zerozal

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
PA
I have a really hard time finding the right jeans. Not sure why, because my measurements are fairly standard (32/32). For some reason, most are too tight, too baggy, too long, too short an inseam, too hipster, too "mom jeans", etc..

Anyway, I just found 2 pairs that look great and fit perfectly--a pair of Diesel and a pair of 7 For All Mankind. Yes, they were expensive, but they fit perfectly, will last for a long time, and I can wear them to work (yay jeans for work!).

Svend

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
It seems odd that you would be recommended to not wash something you wear. If you wore them once a week, that's 52 times of you sweating and making them smell disgusting. Gross.

I'm a cheap-jean-buying kinda guy, but I really want a pair of Raleigh Denim jeans. They're EXTREMELY expensive. I don't own a pair because I can't justify it. But I really want them. Handcrafted in NC. Über durable. You're not even supposed to wash them for a year! When I hit the lottery...

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
In my opinion Levi's are perfect because they come in all fits and colors. There's bound to be a fit that you enjoy in Levi's. Not to mention they are solid quality and fairly inexpensive.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Jeans are just jeans to me. I don't understand paying crazy sums of money for them. I spend no more than $15-$20 per pair at my local Meijer department store.
They're good jeans and last me a long time.

Liquorpuki

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2009
City of Angels
What didn't fit right on the True Religions? I've seen the Seven's before, how they feel?

I'm a guy and I got a couple pairs of 7's. If you're not lean, you're not gonna fit in them. 7's became popular back in the day because they made girls' asses look bigger. They're basically for skinny people.

My favorite pair of jeans right now is an Ecko Cut and Sew I got an an outlet for $15. I also got a couple CK's. Nothing too high end but still fashionable for going out.

If you're a guy that's shopping for brands, I'd look at GQ for tips

Orange Crane

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
Levi's selvedge from their website is way nicer than your average department store Levi's. Not uncommon to find USA made, worth the difference in cost as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.